Real Time with Bill Maher

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
nx4vS7Oq0OGjAaINSyGZRkKuosf.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Real Time with Bill Maher[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Talk[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2003-02-21[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Real Time with Bill Maher is a talk show that airs weekly on HBO, hosted by comedian and political satirist Bill Maher.

Much like his previous series Politically Incorrect on ABC, Real Time features a panel of guests who discuss current events in politics and the media. Unlike the previous show, however, guests are usually more well-versed in the subject matter: more experts such as journalists, professors and politicians participate in the panel, and there are fewer actors and celebrities included in it. Additionally, many guests appear via satellite. Also, Politically Incorrect was produced four days a week and was pre-recorded, while Real Time only produces one episode a week which is broadcast live.

Real Time is an hour-long program with a studio audience, airing live on Friday nights at 10:00 PM. It originates from Studio 33 at CBS Television City in Los Angeles. Prior to 2009, approximately 12 new weekly episodes aired in the spring, followed by another such set of new episodes in the fall. In 2009, the show began airing as one continuous season. Because of the live, current-events nature of the show, HBO does not re-air old episodes between breaks, though occasionally a repeat will be shown when the program takes a week off during the season.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

I don't think I've ever watched his show and not laughed my ass off. It doesn'rt hurt that we have almost identical political views, but my God does he make your typical theological conservative look like a fucking dumbass.

It somehow is much funnier, yet carries more weight and substance than Jon Stewart's show. He usually has good guests such as Neil deGrasse Tyson and other brilliant people, as well as your typical idiot. It's amazing watching the contrast between stupid and brilliant people as they argue over relevant topics.

This season has been one of the best due to Trump's coverage.

I'm normally not into news like this, and I'd rather just read the BBC or Guardian but everytime I watch Bill, I enjoy the show even more.

3:25

His Trump impersonation is so fucking great.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
DId he ever get Obama on his show? Something-something-donated-a-million-dollar, something-something-petition.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I love that he thinks for himself instead of following a party line.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
He really doesnt anymore, hes 100 percent a democratic shill now. Kind of sad watching him, hes sold out.

It's really only bad during election season, he's much more tolerable otherwise. I love Bill Maher and agree with him on most things (except guns, I like guns) but good god are he and pretty much every other talking head insufferable right now with the election looming. All they fucking do is knock Trump at every possible turn. We get it mother fuckers you hate Trump and the Republicans, now talk about something else for a change. Worst part is during non-election times he'll rip in to both parties constantly, but right now it's absolutely 100% Democrat dick sucking.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's really only bad during election season, he's much more tolerable otherwise. I love Bill Maher and agree with him on most things (except guns, I like guns) but good god are he and pretty much every other talking head insufferable right now with the election looming. All they fucking do is knock Trump at every possible turn. We get it mother fuckers you hate Trump and the Republicans, now talk about something else for a change. Worst part is during non-election times he'll rip in to both parties constantly, but right now it's absolutely 100% Democrat dick sucking.

I don't blame him though. If Trump were elected due to complacency of all the intelligent people in this country, we'd have a disaster on our hands. A Trump presidency terrifies me, as in nuclear war... financial meltdown terrifying. All bets are off with him, and I would be doing exactly what Bill Maher is doing, by ensuring that that insufferable baphoon doesn't come within 10 miles of the White House.

Besides, it's fucking hilarious...yet comically insane how all of the sound minded Republicans say they "endorse Trump" but are left speechless when confronted with the question of whether they support this, or that. Does toting a party line really mean that you're willing to put a madman in the White House, really?

I think the Republicans are only going this far because of the Supreme Court. If it weren't for the SC, they'd have given up this election a long time ago, but right now they're only ruining what little image they had left in the eyes of the public by going along with this shit show.

• 1Like

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
What Hillary has done should terrify you more, arms in syria and Iraq promoting failed states in the middle east, supported the Iraq war, mishandling of top secret documents, taking donations from foreign countries(saudi arabia), election fraud within the DNC, promoting the imprisonment of minor drug offenders, being pro nafta and pro tpp. All this shit scares me more then what Trump might do, i for one dont want 4 more years of an elite president who doesnt give a shit about the middle and lower classes, only her corporate elite buddies.

• 1Solidarity
What Hillary has done should terrify you more, arms in syria and Iraq promoting failed states in the middle east, supported the Iraq war, mishandling of top secret documents, taking donations from foreign countries(saudi arabia), election fraud within the DNC, promoting the imprisonment of minor drug offenders, being pro nafta and pro tpp. All this shit scares me more then what Trump might do, i for one dont want 4 more years of an elite president who doesnt give a shit about the middle and lower classes, only her corporate elite buddies.

Don't forget the mysterious deaths that just so happen to follow her around. Both candidates are shit and Maher sucks. That show is unwatchable.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah if WW3 happens, its far more likely to be due to the interventionist who takes Saudi blood money than the isolationist capitalist guy.

As for Real Time, I generally like it but this particular election cycle Maher is letting his personal feud with Trump overtake his normal skepticism. This is really glaring when you consider how hard he was sucking the Bernie dick and now is getting behind HRC without so much as a single criticism of her foreign policy and pro Muslim stances (something he greatly opposes, even now). Watching Santorum sound like the sane one in the room was the low point of the show for me, especially given Maher's track record on bringing in real dissenting view points (not just punching bags) over the years and his strong anti-PC stance.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
As for Real Time, I generally like it but this particular election cycle Maher is letting his personal feud with Trump overtake his normal skepticism.

This. Up until the election cycle I was probably 90% in agreement with whatever came out of Maher's mouth. He was the "pragmatic" liberal, calling out SJW's and Islam. But his Trump loathing has overridden rational thought and impartiality, and he's become a 100% Hillary shill-- which of course means he has to at least somewhat jump on the racism bandwagon and other progressive Shillary causes. He's nowhere near Oliver or Willmore levels in this regard, but his bias is showing. I really hope once the election is out of the way and he isn't suffering from Trump Fever anymore, he can go back to being his usual logical self.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Milo Y the flamboyant provocateur will be on Real Time tonight as the first guest (just 1 on 1 with Bill, not on the panel) so should be an interesting episode. Usually the top guest also appears on Overtime on youtube.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
This. Up until the election cycle I was probably 90% in agreement with whatever came out of Maher's mouth. He was the "pragmatic" liberal, calling out SJW's and Islam. But his Trump loathing has overridden rational thought and impartiality, and he's become a 100% Hillary shill-- which of course means he has to at least somewhat jump on the racism bandwagon and other progressive Shillary causes. He's nowhere near Oliver or Willmore levels in this regard, but his bias is showing. I really hope once the election is out of the way and he isn't suffering from Trump Fever anymore, he can go back to being his usual logical self.

.... 6 months later...

Unfortunately Trump has continued to be Trump and fuels Maher's rage but he's somewhat back to being the snarky liberal douchebag I've grown to love.

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Meh, I watched it not knowing much about the Milo guy.

He seemed always to be "on" and in character. (not much substance IMO)

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah Milo is pretty much along for the ride now as a provocateur and is mainly out to just troll people for the attention / paycheck at this point. He'll join Coulter as a "nemesis" guest that is just put on to get the pot stirring when Maher needs a ratings boost.

spronk

FPS noob
be interesting to see what happens next, Milo was invited to keynote speak the CPAC conference next week but today videos have been shared around (theyve been around for years but nobody cared about milo before the berkeley / maher episode) that have Milo talking about how its cool that he was sucking a priests dick at 13 years old. You can say a lot of shit nowadays in the republican party but being pro pedo, pro BLM, pro Islam, or anti cop will get you on the shit list fast

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah its kinda hard for anyone to defend him now, though I'd like to think Pro-Pedo only really works in NAMBLA and any area of the internet relating to anime. He has some real mental gymnastics that it's some security building exercise for teenage gay boys and older men to hook up, that mentality is a by product of the molestation he went through at 14. Looks like his 15 minutes is running out soon.