Removing audio

Generol_sl

shitlord
Does anyone know a way to remove audio from a video captured with an iPhone 5s? I am at the point where I just going to transfer it to my computer, turn the volume off and rerecord it but before I do that I was hoping someone may know a better way so the clarity of the video does not look like a video of a video on a computer screen. Thank you for your time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
There might be a program out there that will filter audio using DTF's and other stuff. Unfortunately I have no wisdom into this.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I took a video from my iPhone and put it into iMovie on my Mac. I then just had to turn the volume setting for the video all the way down and then convert it to whatever I wanted. There's got to be a similar way to do it on a PC.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
you can do the same thing in windows with movie maker.

movie maker is free with windows 7/8

and free download, heres the link if you don't already have it

Movie Maker - Microsoft Windows

drag the movie to movie maker, goto edit, left button will be video volume, turn to zero, then save movie (whatever format).

of course you can use more advanced programs and just uncheck/delete the audio track, but movie maker is free.

this is the imovie equiv

I don't have an iPhone, so, I don't know of any apps that could do this natively on there, but maybe someone else does.

On a PC, I've found a decent way is to use VLC media player:link to guide

If you see on his guide where he's in the Video Codec tab about halfway down the page, you would check the "keep original video track" box, then in the Audio Codec tab you would uncheck the "Audio" box. The new file should have the audio stream completely removed from the video.