Resident Evil 7

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Demo's out on PC tonight, same one that's been out for awhile on consoles but no thread yet.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I played this when the PSVR demo patch came, and holy awesome in VR. If you do not have VR, you will be doing yourself a huge disservice to play this in any other fashion. I was scared shit less in the demo in PSVR and the tracking and such is superb. Especially if I hear something and while shitting my pants, peak around a corner using my head.

I felt a twinge of motion sickness, but it is easy to avoid when using your head to look around rather than the controller as you move.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Played and beat 1-5, six killed this series for me and I stopped caring. Will this one get me back in?

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Haven't played the demo yet but I was slightly put off by the Outlast with a RE skin thing that's happening in the videos.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, I was able to get into exactly 1 of the RE games and it was Resident Evil Revelations 2. This one I love because it feels like I am the guest star in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre house but in VR. It's a complete reboot from what I see. it most definitely isn't Outlast. You have access to an arsenal of weapons in the full game. Outlast you are defenseless.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Played and beat 1-5, six killed this series for me and I stopped caring. Will this one get me back in?

Yeah I would say most definitely. If you have VR, then 100% for sure. Playing this in VR was just absolutely gut wrenching terrifying.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
From what Ive read, there's essentially Baker family members that chase you around the house all game. Is there sections where you just explore and kill zombies, or are you always running away from someone? Anyone know?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
From what I've read the Baker's chase you but can all be killed though they are bullet sponges. There are the black goo creatures as seen in the demo and I think insects of some kind were confirmed, as far as I know there are no actual zombies. Ammo very limited while crafting with herbs and other items can make things that say highlight clues in the area among the usual healing/antidote stuff.

Biggest thing I don't want them to have done is take what made PT popular and take it to such a degree that the puzzles become so stupidly convoluted. The dummy finger puzzle in the demo is so bat shit out there it takes a real autist to find the answers, we're talking more retarded then any sierra adventure game.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
This seems to be a lot more of a Fatal Frame style vibe than Resident Evil. Although there is no camera and clearly there are guns.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Placed my order for a Best Buy Pick up today. For the game out the door for 30 bucks after tax with using Gamers Club and a $20 gift cert.

Review Embargo should be up today as well.

Cannot wait to play this on my PSVR. Finally, a fully fleshed out game in VR.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And lol. Anytime I want a game early? I preorder for in game store pick up at Best Buy. I will be playing it today instead of tomorrow. I'll give a run down after a few hours. I was able to do the same thing with Final Fantasy 15 :)

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
And lol. Anytime I want a game early? I preorder for in game store pick up at Best Buy. I will be playing it today instead of tomorrow. I'll give a run down after a few hours. I was able to do the same thing with Final Fantasy 15 :)

You lucky bastard! I am pissed that there is no PC VR for at least a year. I am wondering how the switch to first person is going to work out for a RE game? Every one before this was third person, but I guess it's mandatory if the game is meant to be played with VR. For me, RE4 was the pinnacle of the series, and 5 and 6 were both horrible piles of shit. Here's hoping this one gets back to the basics of what made the previous games in the series great (being scary as fuck).

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So far this is the first game I wish I had a VR setup. Gonna skip it for now in case I get one in the future

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You lucky bastard! I am pissed that there is no PC VR for at least a year. I am wondering how the switch to first person is going to work out for a RE game? Every one before this was third person, but I guess it's mandatory if the game is meant to be played with VR. For me, RE4 was the pinnacle of the series, and 5 and 6 were both horrible piles of shit. Here's hoping this one gets back to the basics of what made the previous games in the series great (being scary as fuck).

Well, I spoke too soon! :( Went to get it - had it in my hands - and welp... "Oh hey we cannot sell this until tomorrow sorry".

Oh well, one for two. Will have to wait until tomorrow.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
So far this is the first game I wish I had a VR setup. Gonna skip it for now in case I get one in the future

After playing the demo in VR I don't think I would play it any other way. It singlehandedly took me from being a skeptic to falling in love with it.

I was one of those people who saw people using VR and acting scared, falling over, etc. and thought they were being ridiculous, but when I loaded this up I honestly freaked out, was full of nervous laughter, was yelling at characters and even broke out in a cold sweat. It was easily one of the most intense and memorable moments in my gaming life, I can't wait until I can play the full game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
After playing the demo in VR I don't think I would play it any other way. It singlehandedly took me from being a skeptic to falling in love with it.

I was one of those people who saw people using VR and acting scared, falling over, etc. and thought they were being ridiculous, but when I loaded this up I honestly freaked out, was full of nervous laughter, was yelling at characters and even broke out in a cold sweat. It was easily one of the most intense and memorable moments in my gaming life, I can't wait until I can play the full game.

Well that's annoying, I was going to wait another couple product cycles until I dropped some money on VR. Hrmm

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just be sure to try it before falling in love with the idea of one game only to find out it makes you sick. Have a couple friends like that w/ the RE demo (Drive Club as well)

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Well that's annoying, I was going to wait another couple product cycles until I dropped some money on VR. Hrmm

That was my plan as well, but I was walking around BestBuy when one came out of the back and just impulse bought it. I left it sitting next to the TV for almost a week before I finally decided to open it. It's definitely early in the VR game, and there will no doubt be huge improvements, but I'm glad I got it all the same. I buy things on impulse all the time, though, and rarely get buyers remorse so I see if I couldn't find a way to try it out first unless you are the same.

Just be sure to try it before falling in love with the idea of one game only to find out it makes you sick. Have a couple friends like that w/ the RE demo (Drive Club as well)

Definitely. VR takes some getting used to and plenty of people get sick. I've found that, especially in the beginning, using it in short sessions will ease you into it and you'll get your sea legs in no time. Also start with stuff that has less movement and work up to the RE and Driveclub's of the world.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I was the same way Rafter. I ended up going to Best Buy, buzzed up from about 8 beers and won about $1700 in pull tabs at a local bar. Saw they had some left and decided to just buy it. Hooked it up the next day and within the opening screen of PSVR worlds I was shouting, "NO WAY THIS IS SO AWESOME". I had no idea it could be so lifelike. I mean, being IN the game is such a cool experience. Up until that moment, the only time I tried VR was the old Vector shit at a state fair in the 90's. Hah.

Playing through the demo of RE once VR was patched in was completely 100% scary. I cannot wait to play this thing tomorrow when I get home from work. I almost had the game today - Best Buy guy was ready to ring me up.... "Oh wait.... I can't let you take this until tomorrow" Damn it. Foiled.