Richard Osman - The Thursday Murder Club

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Been meaning to put this on the site for a while. Richard Osman is a Brit who amongst his other talents, writes books. He's released 3 in a series called the Thursday Murder Club.

They are:
#1 The Thursday Murder Club
#2 The Man Who Died Twice
#3 The Bullet That Missed

and according to Goodreads, he has a 4th coming out 9/14 (not sure if that's UK only) called The Last Devil to Die.

They are about old men/women who solve mysteries, and it sounds janky as fuck but MAN these are soooo damn good. They read so well you're realizing your legs went to sleep because you haven't moved in hours. They are worth a look.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Read 4th book, it's a cash in on the name to pay the bills POS. First 3 are really good, that last one is just bad. Hmm I just replied and talked shit about my own thread...may be time for therapy LOL

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
I started the first one, and didn't quite grab me in the first couple of chapters, so I moved on. I'll give it another try when I have time but it's not much preferred genre. I think I can see how it's a good example of a murder mystery type story, but it's not quite resonating with me yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I started the first one, and didn't quite grab me in the first couple of chapters, so I moved on. I'll give it another try when I have time but it's not much preferred genre. I think I can see how it's a good example of a murder mystery type story, but it's not quite resonating with me yet.
when / if you do and it clicks, take my advice and skip #4. It was a total waste o space.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user