Rickshaw Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
@Amod Why move the mist and tanoomba rickshaw threads to the hall of fame when there was nothing in those threads worthy of that honor?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Why move the mist and tanoomba rickshaw threads to the hall of fame when there was nothing in those threads worthy of that honor?

Some silly fuck hit the "freeze in carbonite" button to stifle Tanoomba's cries for justice I am guessing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Why move the mist and tanoomba rickshaw threads to the hall of fame when there was nothing in those threads worthy of that honor?
Agreed. Shit tier threads.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why was my personal whine thread retired?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Wrathin3L

Peasant
Why was my personal whine thread retired?

Mist Mist https://www.firesofheaven.org/posts/1604415/

7RdHcI0SE2gp2.gif

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Read picasso's thread, Mist. I believe it was a decision by a_skeleton_03 because it "served its purpose." Just more arbitrary bullshit.

Also, it's been since August 10th since moderation actions have been posted. Now that we have five moderators plus the admin, shouldn't that be updated? I thought transparency was the cool thing here.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

We are trying to automate it, the process is a pain in the dick and would you trust the moderators to post a transparency report on themselves? Nah didn't think so.

EDIT: Arbitrary? I explained it in great detail. The rickshaw is not for people to sit in to censor themselves and lament about their unpopular opinions. Also those are imported threads that served their purpose under an old regime. Lastly what exactly are you whining about? Those two can still post in any other shit thread they want, they just aren't going to get monuments erected for them to show off their stupidity.

The rickshaw serves a purpose for the software of the system. It is the punishment subroutine and if it's a playground for two individuals or their safe space then the software isn't working correctly. We aren't starting off Sep 1st with those two thinking they are entitled to personal threads that are a permanent safe space. We don't give that privilege to even the grown up forum ...

Maybe arbitrary isn't the right word if indeed the Rickshaw is going to operate differently than it has in past incarnations. But, again, this is decree upon high. Was anyone on the mod team or any member of the populace really upset about those threads? Who was complaining? Or was this yet another peeve of your own that you acted upon?

Why not simply "do nothing" when there isn't a problem? Are you going to get rid of Picasso's thread since it's his own personal playground? If you read those threads you would see it's hardly a "safe space" since they were often attacked in those threads, Tanoomba especially. Safe space != dedicated thread.

For Mist, her thread prevented her from shitting up the career and other threads with her whining and she stuck to it fairly well. That's less bitching in other threads and less mod work when other people bitch about her bitching.

For Tanoomba, he clearly would rather post in the GamerGate threads and other such threads but goes to the Rickshaw when he knows posting in those threads will inevitably raise someone's ire. That seems like a punishment.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
For Tanoomba, he clearly would rather post in the GamerGate threads and other such threads but goes to the Rickshaw when he knows posting in those threads will inevitably raise someone's ire. That seems like a punishment.

Letting Tanoomba continue his antics that he's been getting away with for years at the old site is punishing this community harshly and unfairly.

Get over it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Letting Tanoomba continue his antics that he's been getting away with for years at the old site is punishing this community harshly and unfairly.

Get over it.

-duty-no-matter-what-the-price-i-ve-counted-up-the-cost-i-know-the-sacrifice-toby-keith-98-99-72.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Maybe arbitrary isn't the right word if indeed the Rickshaw is going to operate differently than it has in past incarnations. But, again, this is decree upon high. Was anyone on the mod team or any member of the populace really upset about those threads? Who was complaining? Or was this yet another peeve of your own that you acted upon?

Why not simply "do nothing" when there isn't a problem? Are you going to get rid of Picasso's thread since it's his own personal playground? If you read those threads you would see it's hardly a "safe space" since they were often attacked in those threads, Tanoomba especially. Safe space != dedicated thread.

For Mist, her thread prevented her from shitting up the career and other threads with her whining and she stuck to it fairly well. That's less bitching in other threads and less mod work when other people bitch about her bitching.

Okay so this "operate differently" is a figment of your imagination. It had always been for the longest time a place where threads were put to die and for people that are punished to have to stay only there. Nobody was posting in there for fun and nobody was made threads in there for personal playgrounds.

Only recently either Tuco or Draegan decided to allow or turn a blind eye to people getting personal threads in there over on rerolled. This was never its intent and I find it absurd. What's the point of rickshawing the very people that prefer to have a safe space in there?

Mist has not been prevented from shitting up any threads, she still shits them up but she also has a hangout for her to shit up as well without any consequences because it doesn't bother people in there.

Tanoomba the same way, it has prevented nothing.

The safe space aspect is that it's their special thread that nobody will delete or move or infract in. Sure people might attack them but they are 'safe' from the moderators there because nobody dares infract in the rickshaw. It's ridiculous.

If this happened 6 months from now you would have a leg to stand on. This is the START though and I am putting the finishing touches on how we will start come September 1st. If the moderators change that in the future then you take it up with them. In the meantime I am setting a precedent that if you have something to say you don't pussy out in the rickshaw, you actually use the rest of the forum. If everyone hates you so much that your every post is being reported the moderators will do what they do.

If you are a poster that only posts in the rickshaw you don't need to be part of this community and you are admitting that for all to see.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Apparently now Tanoomba thinks Big Picasso's thread is his thread to respond to people outside the shaw in.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Apparently now Tanoomba thinks Big Picasso's thread is his thread to respond to people outside the shaw in.
We should just lock everything in the shaw!!! OMG!!!!1

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Big P's thread is now locked? I thought the mod faggotry would at least be light for a few months.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
How do you know it's Mod faggotry and not Admin faggotry?
It is totally admin "faggotry" and I said I was going to do it.

There are no more personal threads in the rickshaw.

Don't like it? Make a vote and get the moderators to make a decision on it for the future. If they have a different opinion they can change it and I will abide by that. They will bend to the will of the people.

As the admin in charge until Sep 1st I have made a stance that I feel makes sense. I could be wrong. Until the moderators or the people vote on it the position stands.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
So we're just stopping traditions upwards of 10 years old. What happened to hands-off once mods were elected?

EDIT: Oh, sept 1st is your cutoff to admin faggotry. What else is in store?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It is totally admin "faggotry" and I said I was going to do it.

There are no more personal threads in the rickshaw.

Don't like it? Make a vote and get the moderators to make a decision on it for the future. If they have a different opinion they can change it and I will abide by that. They will bend to the will of the people.

As the admin in charge until Sep 1st I have made a stance that I feel makes sense. I could be wrong. Until the moderators or the people vote on it the position stands.
See, Soygen Soygen ? Totally different.

And where did the "There are no more personal threads in the Rickshaw" rule come from? Was this another patented a_skeleton_03 rule that was created on a whim?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So we're just stopping traditions upwards of 10 years old. What happened to hands-off once mods were elected?

EDIT: Oh, sept 1st is your cutoff to admin faggotry. What else is in store?
You prove that personal threads have been a tradition for 10 years. Prove it has been a tradition for 5 years. The Picasso thread was something that had been rickshawed on FoHGuild as a punishment and not given to him as a playground. When we started on RR you made the thread because they fucked up permissions in the sub forum.

The other two threads aren't even a year old, just over 6 months.

There is no "tradition" of personal safe space threads in the rickshaw, don't kid yourself.

• 1Solidarity
Status
Not open for further replies.