Rickshaw Megathread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It didn't really work like that until you were pretty much the only active moderator. Up until that point Screenshots was used for that stuff. With your hands off moderation style what use to be kept in SS moved into the shaw.
Thanks for the info.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
personal threads should be allowed in the RR, the RRP'ed user doesnt have anyone to talk to other than the people who come down to the prison cell and talk to him through the bars.

RRP is a medium security state penitentiary, not a solitary cell at SuperMax Florence ADX

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If you're going to change the way the Shaw works and you want those discussions in screenshots you have to stop rickshawing threads on a whim.

Shouldnt you have moved those threads to screenshots instead if that was your purpose?

I've already personally thought it was rather stupid which threads would trigger which mod and be arbitrarily shawed.

But again, if confining someone to the rickshaw isn't enough of a punishment to you, come up with something better.

Why do you even care if it's a shit show? I think the GG thread is a shit show but I'm OK with its existence.

I don't get the piss off people style of administration, Draegan tried the same thing and it blew up in his face. This community is no more yours than it was his.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you're going to change the way the Shaw works and you want those discussions in screenshots you have to stop rickshawing threads on a whim.

This hasn't happened. Skanda Skanda showed exactly how the shaw changed under Tuco Tuco and that was never "how it was before".

I was establishing our roots.

You guys are voting to overrule that. No more discussion, go vote.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
The Jugs sure as shit existed on foh. Just because it wasn't that way 15 years ago doesn't mean shit.

You know damn well you're pissing off a portion of the people that enjoy the rickshaw the way it is, its a strange hill to die on as you so love to point out.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Sure, back during the decline of FoH where we were being moderated by Tuco and Tyen alone. That is when the change began.

For example:

Rickshaw circa 2006: Retard Rickshaw - Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board

Very few threads and none of that dumb shit we associate with the RR today.

2008: Retard Rickshaw - Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board

You've still only got 2 pages to the entire subforum

2011: Retard Rickshaw - Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board

Suddenly 61 pages. The Rickshaw blew up after a certain point.

Skanda Skanda You're not right.

Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board - powered by vBulletin 567 threads in Jan 2006

Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board - Powered by vBulletin says 620 threads and that's 2006.

Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board - Powered by vBulletin 815 threads in 2007

Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board - Powered by vBulletin 1118 threads in 2008

Look closely at your links when it's showing the page with the actual threads. Those are what is shown for the last month only. You can see that in the search parameters on the page and you can verify it by seeing that all the threads have a last active date within the last month. If you go through multiple pages you will see this is the case. So, no, the Rickshaw wasn't like what you're claiming. It just got busier over time.

a_skeleton_03 said:
This hasn't happened. Skanda Skanda showed exactly how the shaw changed under Tuco Tuco and that was never "how it was before".

His post was inaccurate. So your entire argument of what the Rickshaw was is bogus. And if you look in those past threads, you can see more than three that would fall under a "personal thread."

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ryanz

<Banned>
No clue why this is even an issue. Why does it matter whether someone has their own thread in the shaw? Being shawed takes them away from the rest of the forum. Isn't that the point? Stay out of the shaw and you don't have to deal with that person. If you're still going to the shaw to seek out being triggered by said person that's your own fault. This is some pussy shit.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I think you guys need to consult a subject matter expert: Someone who has been shawed at least 30x times.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Skanda Skanda You're not right.

Oops, you are correct in that my numbers were wrong. But it looks like I am still right overall. 14k posts in 2004, 43k in 2008 and 100k in 2011. So it still slowly morphed from a punishment zone into a free-for-all that subsumed what screenshots use to be. It was just a bit more spread out that I remembers, but still the majority of the change was under Tuco's reign.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh just more evidence for how the Rickshaw always was the way it was, from Skanda Skanda 's link:

Retard Rickshaw - Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board

As you can see in the search parameters, that page search goes from the BEGINNING, not just a month like his other links. So, not sure if intentionally propagating falsehoods or not, but we can surely put to bed the idea that the Rickshaw was some little used space in the pre-Tuco era.
How many of those are 'personal threads' I can't get to it from work.

DickTrickle

Oops, you are correct in that my numbers were wrong. But it looks like I am still right overall. 14k posts in 2004, 43k in 2008 and 100k in 2011. So it still slowly morphed from a punishment zone into a free-for-all that subsumed what screenshots use to be. It was just a bit more spread out that I remembers, but still the majority of the change was under Tuco's reign.

Except other forums also grew a lot, too:
2006-2007-2008-2011
mmorpg - 153k, 272k, 380k, 579k

screenshots - 92k, 153k, 212k, 351k

rickshaw - 14k, 24k, 43k, 100k

At best you can say its rate of growth somewhat outpaced the growth of other sections. It's also clear that Rickshaw didn't subsume Screenshots, given its increases. It wasn't a sea change in behavior.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

How many of those are 'personal threads' I can't get to it from work.

I didn't keep up the pages where I saw threads that appeared to be personal threads and it's too slow to go back there because you have to basically look once a month given the way it was archiving for a long time. By personal threads, I saw at least three, but I didn't actually read the content (again, too long and loads too slow) but they had name and initial posts seemed focused on one person. Of course, it's likely that those threads were not made in the Rickshaw, but were moved there (or moved from another thread).

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
At best you can say its rate of growth somewhat outpaced the growth of other sections. It's also clear that Rickshaw didn't subsume Screenshots, given its increases. It wasn't a sea change in behavior.

pBdxd9x.jpg

I stand corrected about the rate of posting. I do still feel that it became more of a place to hang out in in the Tuco era vs a padded cell but to prove that would take far more work on the Archive that I'm willing to put in.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

I could see an argument for feeling the atmosphere did change some, though the degree is up to debate (and agreed that spending that much time in the slow Archive is not time well spent).

I appreciate your rational level-headedness on this topic, good sir Skanda.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Sure, back during the decline of FoH where we were being moderated by Tuco and Tyen alone. That is when the change began.

For example:

Rickshaw circa 2006: Retard Rickshaw - Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board

Very few threads and none of that dumb shit we associate with the RR today.

2008: Retard Rickshaw - Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board

You've still only got 2 pages to the entire subforum

2011: Retard Rickshaw - Fires of Heaven Guild Message Board

Suddenly 61 pages. The Rickshaw blew up after a certain point.
False, the forum is only showing threads rickshaw in the last month on those archives. Please retract this very wrong statement.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
We got charts and graphs up in this motherfucker?!

DickTrickle

False, the forum is only showing threads rickshaw in the last month on those archives. Please retract this very wrong statement.

Already debunked by me and acknowledged by Skanda. He was a perfect gentleman about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.