Rise of the Tomb Raider

Malkav

French Madman
Haven't had a lot of time to play Rise lately, and seeing some 4k PC screenshots makes me think I'll just wait for the PC release at the end of the month and resell my XBone copy.

Plus, I'll be able to aim better with a mouse instead of spraying and praying with a fucking controller.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have to agree with this, after playing the reboot it was really hard to play UC3, and if the RotTR is better than Naughty Dog will need to step it up. I also think they are pretty comparable overall.

I'm really excited for this game.
I agree with uncharted. I think that TLoU is a nice balance between the two, with still having gear progression, material scavenging, perk unlocks, etc. Still not a sandbox game like tomb raider, but still has some level of progression.

I really like how tomb raider didn't add a whole shit ton of useless sandbox fillers. Tombs were great, challenges were fun and the few missions that were there weren't all that bad. You can pick up most of the collectibles during your normal running around. That was my biggest complaint with Fallout, so much of the missions you get are filled bullshit to make the game seem longer and more involved.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished and 100%'d ROTTR last night.. Excellent, just as good as TR2014... Heavily telegraphed another sequel as well, so hurrah for that!

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
PC release tomorrow! HYPE! I just wish it could be unlocked early with VPN, but it looks like a world wide Steam release
frown.png

spronk

FPS noob
i got a key from my nvidia card so its all preloaded, i probably shouldn't have done that since i already finished the game on xbox one but oh well. Its a great game, may even replay parts of it on PC to see what its like at ultra and g-sync.

I wouldn't buy the season pass though, there is only one single player campaign, its 2 hours long, and reuses a lot of base game assets. People say its not bad but its definitely not worth $30. The rest of the season pass stuff is cosmetic stuff and a horde mode arena kinda fight, boring.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
PC release tomorrow! HYPE! I just wish it could be unlocked early with VPN, but it looks like a world wide Steam release
frown.png
Noon (EST) on a Thursday instead of midnight on a Tuesday is both bizarre and retarded.

Also, the game uses Denuvo on top of Steamworks so I didn't feel the least bit guilty about buying a Nvidia code off Ebay.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
Noon (EST) on a Thursday instead of midnight on a Tuesday is both bizarre and retarded.

Also, the game uses Denuvo on top of Steamworks so I didn't feel the least bit guilty about buying a Nvidia code off Ebay.
Yeah I decided to get a Nvidia code also. I am really hyped for this game though. Almost bought a XBONE just to play this game - almost.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Thursday is the standard release date in Europe. Outside of worldwide releases, we usually get releases two days after the US. Though it is rare to see world wide releases set on the EU standard and not the US standard.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Enjoy it PC bros it's beyond amazing.
Yep. One of the best games I have played in the last year. Right up there with Witcher 3.

Storyline is fantastic - good voice acting, fun tombs, the works.

Vorph

Thursday is the standard release date in Europe. Outside of worldwide releases, we usually get releases two days after the US. Though it is rare to see world wide releases set on the EU standard and not the US standard.
Wouldn't midnight Friday be the norm for EU, not 5PM (GMT) on Thurs? Like Dragon's Dogma a couple weeks back for example. Not sure if it was midnight release but it was definitely Friday.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Wouldn't midnight Friday be the norm for EU, not 5PM (GMT) on Thurs? Like Dragon's Dogma a couple weeks back for example. Not sure if it was midnight release but it was definitely Friday.
No, a standard midnight release would be midnight to Thursday not Friday, similarly to the US being midnight to Tuesday not Wednesday.

Quite common actually for games to release on Thursdays between 5-7 GMT on steam, while you can purchase them physically from stores when they open.

Dragon's Dogma did release on a Friday, but that was world wide release. Same as Xcom 2 I think, Friday February the 5th?

I still don't understand why the US and EU separate between two days, especially now with digital releases. If there are no leaks prior to release, games do end up on torrent sites not long after, and the two day wait period is more than enough to cause them sales from impatient people. A 10 hour game is consumed and done with before they even release then.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
No midnight release for PC it seems. I shouldn't be up this late anyway.

Vorph

Not sure why but I had to drop textures to high instead of very high because the game grinds to a fucking halt every time a cutscene loads otherwise. The rest of the time it's pretty stable at 50-60 fps with all settings maxed out except motion blur (because fuck motion blur) and I have it installed to a SSD so it's frustrating to have to downgrade the visuals because the engine can't load the textures fast enough and tries to start playing the cutscene anyway. I have a 4GB card (R9 290X) so it's not lack of VRAM.

Other than that, the game itself is as good as everyone said so far.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm having crashing issues after getting into the Siberian wilderness. I've been doing some troubleshooting to make sure it's not a hardware issue. Anybody else getting crashing?

Edit: I took my video card out and blew some air through the fan and heat sink. That seems to have resolved my crashing. I guess the card was just overheating.

YxxAn_sl

shitlord
I'm having crashing issues after getting into the Siberian wilderness. I've been doing some troubleshooting to make sure it's not a hardware issue. Anybody else getting crashing?

Edit: I took my video card out and blew some air through the fan and heat sink. That seems to have resolved my crashing. I guess the card was just overheating.
I had one crash earlier today due to the new Nvidia drivers crashing on me. Other then that it has been stable. My 780ti is doing OK on 2560x1440 with a mix and match setting.

Great game so far, really everything I thought it would be
biggrin.png

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else getting a black screen after returning back from an alt-tab while using the real fullscreen option?? And yeah I have noticed the game stutter to a halt as it streams a new area in.