Santa Clarita Diet

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Santa Clarita Diet

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2017-02-03

Creator: Victor Fresco

Cast: Drew Barrymore, Timothy Olyphant, Liv Hewson, Ricardo Chavira, Skyler Gisondo

Overview: They're ordinary husband and wife realtors until she undergoes a dramatic change that sends them down a road of death and destruction. In a good way.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Saw the trailer for this. Seems to be a slightly more edgy iZombie, but with Drew Barrymore.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 113172[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Santa Clarita Diet[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-02-03[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]They're ordinary husband and wife realtors until she undergoes a dramatic change that sends them down a road of death and destruction. In a good way.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Will start this tonight with the old lady and see what's what. Looks like a pretty fun sort of look at your phone while you watch kinda show.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Couldn't even make it through the first episode. Some good actors but it just wasn't good at all. If it gets any better and y'all have more positive feedback I'll give it another shot.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I made it all the way through. It picks up around the middle and then just kinda ends with no resolution... It feels like they just forgot to release the last two episodes.

I think episode 7 was probably my favorite, but I really don't care to watch it again until/unless they get a second season.

Last edited:

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was pumped, really like Olyphant (justified etc). I barely made it through the first episode. Ps drew Barrymore looks fugly

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Coming from the creator of Better Off Ted, I'm a little underwhelmed. It's entertaining enough and watchable, but it's not as good as Netflix's other comedies. It does get better as it goes along (first episode was the weakest so far), but it's mainly carried by its premise more than the comedy.

I am pretty excited because I love me some Timothy Olyphant.

By rights, Olyphant should be the strongest part of this show, but I feel like the opposite is true. I expected his comedy chops to be a lot better, but he chews the scenery practically every time he's on screen (even worse when he's paired with Barrymore) and is just incredibly hammy. I could see that being what they're going for since Barrymore is pretty over-the-top as well, but she's able to sell it a lot better than he can. Anytime his character is supposed to be angry or frustrated, he just comes across like he's in an infomercial.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I thought it was good. Sort of a cheesy dark comedy about suburbia, not exactly new ground to tread but it was fun. There's something weird about Barrymore's mouth that I never noticed until now and it bugged me. The kids were the best part, I think.

Wintermute

<Charitable Administrator>
Barrymore makes me beyond flaccid. The kids are the best part for sure, I am now five episodes in and will finish it.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was fun
Hit me right
Reminds me of my relationship
Watched it in two sittings

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This definitely got much better after the first episode, its nothing amazing but a fun quick watch with the GF or with it on in the backround

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
About 5 minutes into the first episode I thought the acting was terrible... by the end of the that episode I 'got it'.
It's a decent little show, good for about 20 yucks.

I agree about it feeling like they forgot to post an episode or two.
7/10 - would watch S2.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope they make a season 2 for this, I couldn't stop laughing in the series. They cast the husband/kids pretty perfectly.

"I'm not a trained medical professional so I can't comment on what an excessive amount of vomit looks like, can you?"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
TV show information provided by The Movie Database