Sleepy Hollow

ShakyJake

<Donor>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
ibgtOccXy0O8siMDowlEA9uWhe8.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Sleepy Hollow[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2013-09-16[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Ichabod Crane is resurrected and pulled two and a half centuries through time to unravel a mystery that dates all the way back to the founding fathers.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

So, Sleepy Hollow premiered tonight. I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit. Headless Horseman is actually one of the horseman of the apocalypse? Neat.

Liked the two actors. Too bad Sulu turned out to be an asshole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I thought this was absolute shit.

The whole thing reeked of "here's a pitch for an idea: the headless horseman shows up in the modern day... with ichabod crane doing a rip van winkle!!" "okay then what happens?" "... uhhhhh. Okay we make Supernatural Season 4"

The previews from the next few weeks with Ichabod making note of things like taxes on baked goods being 10% "we rebelled against the british for 2%!!" just kinda reeks of sloppy writing and ham fisted dialogue for displaced time traveler dude. Oh and it looks like we're going to explain away most of the Revolutionary war in terms of supernatural shenanigans? Bleh.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I thought the pilot was good. Though finding the head was way too fast. I did not watch supernatural beyond season one so I have no reference. Problem is the time slot. 10 pm(supposedly) on Monday is hard this year- hostages(new show), blacklist(new show), and castle season6(highest rated scripted program on Mondays last year).

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Problem is the time slot. 10 pm(supposedly) on Monday is hard this year
Good thing it airs at 9pm; Fox doesn't air programming at 10pm. Ever. Never change Leonardo.

Ratings wise it was, by modern standards, pretty big (3.5). Who knows if it keeps up that high (I doubt it), and who knows where it ends up on the schedule (Sleepy was supposed to end after 13 episodes, with Mondays being Almost Human and The Following in 2014).

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I actually liked it quite a bit. The demons look interesting and not just LOL Humans like in Supernatural.

I am a sucker for most things supernatural anyway.

The leads have good chemistry so far. When it started I said, Cool Clancy Brown... D'oh!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
my damn listings are wrong cuz it said 10pm for me,... 9 is better though, means i can dvr without problems. i'll give it a few episodes. i didn't watch it live last night, i got it via torrent.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I'll watch a few more I think. The pilot didn't exactly thrill me, but honestly they almost never do. It has potential to be a fun hour waster.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
I'll give it a few more too. I agree they found the head way to soon and I don't see how this can go longer than a season, two max.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I am a sucker for most things supernatural anyway.
This goes for me as well.

My big thing about starting to watch this is that it might get cancelled. I can't stand when I get invested in a show only to have it abruptly end.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I can't wait for season 2 when Nearly Headless Nick comes to sleepy hollow seeking revenge!

geffe71_sl

shitlord
It wasnt spectacular but it kept me interested. Usually i put stuff on and zone out and surf the net. Ill keep it on my DVR till something better comes along

McCheese

This was better than I expected based on the comments here.

I really like the 2 main actors. The guy playing Crane, especially, did a really good job with the part. It also has a much more interesting story than I anticipated. I dig the demons and the four horsemen of the apocalypse that they've got going. I did lol at at the end when Crane mentions "two people coming together for 7 years of tribulations" or something similar to that. I guess we know how many seasons they're shooting for!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched it and didnt think it was bad at all, especially liked the actor who played Crane. Some parts were a bit cheesy (horseman going all Rambo with guns) and the ending of the episode gave me some goosebumps but Im a sucker for that kind of stuff. Will definitely watch more.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its bad, lets not kid ourselves on this, i could nitpick this all day (how come they dont just let the horsemen head stay out in the sun so it burns up? or just smash it with a hammer or something?) but its fun. it feels like a TV show from the 80s like manimal or something similarly bizarre. im just gonna go with a while and see where it goes. so far its got some funnies. i thought for sure The Kirgen was going to be a regular evil character, but noop, they killed him first.

McCheese

I've been developing an "Astrocreep Translator" program in my free time to better make sense of what the fuck he's always going on about in these media forums. I just ran his post through it. Here is the post and the translated output:

its bad, lets not kid ourselves on this, i could nitpick this all day (how come they dont just let the horsemen head stay out in the sun so it burns up? or just smash it with a hammer or something?) but its fun. it feels like a TV show from the 80s like manimal or something similarly bizarre. im just gonna go with a while and see where it goes. so far its got some funnies. i thought for sure The Kirgen was going to be a regular evil character, but noop, they killed him first.
Output:

It's bad, and as usual I assume my opinion is fact and will never change it. Then again, I almost never fully understand what I watch so I'll just randomly mention things that may very well be explained in the next episode. Mentally and culturally I'm still stuck in the 1980s so a show like Manimal is the only thing I can compare Sleepy Hollow to. I'm going to continue frequenting this thread and post incorrect character names, inaccurate accounts of plot events, and ask questions that don't make any sense to anyone who is actually able to follow the story. Oh, I was surprised that they killed off Jeff Bridges in the first episode.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
haha dude stop being so butthurt. i said it was a fun show, but its no breaking bad. im just gonna roll with it for a while. hell i watched the entire first season of The Following in the hopes that it would lead to pussy from a co worker. it did not. i will watch trash even though i know its trash. there is no potential pussy on this one though so i may stop at some point. though goddamned i am still watching the bridge and that show is so bad. wtf is wrong with me?

spronk

FPS noob
enjoyed it, thought it was gonna suck when he woke up in modern times but it got dark real fast. Everyone in the town seems evil, from the hospital doctor to the cop boss so I hope there are some actual good guys besides the two leads. The horseman going full terminator mode was awesome and hilarious.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
haha dude stop being so butthurt. i said it was a fun show, but its no breaking bad. im just gonna roll with it for a while. hell i watched the entire first season of The Following in the hopes that it would lead to pussy from a co worker. it did not. i will watch trash even though i know its trash. there is no potential pussy on this one though so i may stop at some point. though goddamned i am still watching the bridge and that show is so bad. wtf is wrong with me?
He isn't butthurt Astrocreep, it's public knowledge that no one listens to a fucking word you say when it comes to anything on TV or the big screen. If you dislike something it's almost a given I will look at it because you are never right, and when you like something, 99 out of 100 times its pure shit.