Smed teams up with Amazon to create new studio

Shadrin

Trakanon Raider

I give him 12 months before he's out unless there's enough talent accrual there for him to hide behind.

Amazon will cut through his bullshit like a chainsaw through butter.

"Smedley served at Sony Online Entertainment for 20 years, and he led the division for 15 years. He spun SOE out of its Japanese parent in February 2015. He became CEO of the renamed business, Daybreak Game Company, but then left that role after a bitter Twitter war with a hacker in July 2015."

L - O - L

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Possibly, have to give him credit though - he does a good job landing on his feet.

• 1Like

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The move is one of many by Amazon to lock up talent in the high end of the game business

I notice they haven't bothered hiring McQuaid yet.

• 1Smuggly

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
fURY7DM.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Amazon needs to keep their gaming division to twitch and shipping. What a moronic decision.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Amazon needs to keep their gaming division to twitch and shipping. What a moronic decision.

They have multiple games in development and their own engine, so even without hiring Smed they wouldn't be just a Twitch and shipping gaming division.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Recently an ex-dev high up at Rockstar North ditched and founded his own thing. He's planning to use Amazon's engine to make a new open world game that I assume bears some resemblance to GTA.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They have multiple games in development and their own engine, so even without hiring Smed they wouldn't be just a Twitch and shipping gaming division.

yeah I'm not sure that will be a good thing.

Recently an ex-dev high up at Rockstar North ditched and founded his own thing. He's planning to use Amazon's engine to make a new open world game that I assume bears some resemblance to GTA.

Isn't that the worthless ex-Rockstar dev who sued Rockstar? The same one who is trying to use past accolades of his peers work to sell that game?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Sell what game? It hasn't been made yet. Yea, he sued them. I don't know how "worthless" he is. I'll judge the game he makes on its own merits.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sell what game? It hasn't been made yet. Yea, he sued them. I don't know how "worthless" he is. I'll judge the game he makes on its own merits.

Watching people get hyped for a butthurt dev that from what I can tell didn't didnt do shit at Rockstar is hilarious.

In fact he comes across as the Brad McQuaid of Rockstar.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I do wonder. You seem to have given up on wondering and have made a decision. I don't care that much either way. I want a good game to play, and I hope he makes one.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I do wonder. You seem to have given up on wondering and have made a decision. I don't care that much either way. I want a good game to play, and I hope he makes one.

Well dude come on from what we got to go on doesn't look good is all I'm saying.

I will say this seems more impressive from him though so maybe he will pull it off.

Leslie Benzies leads

GTA grandaddy Leslie Benzies opens a third studio in Budapest, former Crytek Hungary to lend a hand on Everywhere

Agraza

Registered Hutt
No, it doesn't. Given the nonsense we've seen from gaming companies it could be too many things to bother speculating about. If he makes a good game I'll play it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
No, it doesn't. Given the nonsense we've seen from gaming companies it could be too many things to bother speculating about. If he makes a good game I'll play it.

Well yeah same here? What are you doing up this late.