Soccer 2016-2017

darkseid_sl

shitlord
The transfer window is officially open and record are probably going to be shattered this summer. Time for a new thread.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Mourinho's press conference today was like a funeral - where is the fire, pep and excitement?!

#bringbackMoyesiah

faille

Molten Core Raider
I have a feeling we might regret selling Ibe. 15m is a decent price for a young player who still needs some development, but seems like he'd be great to have in the squad.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
My dislike of Wenger has grown month by month for a while now. If he fucks up this summer again by not signing a CB and a CF then he really should just fuck off and die. But knowing Arsenal they will most likely give him another 3 year contract.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I have a feeling we might regret selling Ibe. 15m is a decent price for a young player who still needs some development, but seems like he'd be great to have in the squad.
We have buy back clauses on both Ibe and Canos. I don't really see where he would get games this year with the lack of CL/EL games and the size of the squad already. And lets be honest, he was pretty terrible last year. 15m pounds for a 20 year old that so far has shown no game intelligence or end product is pretty good.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Selling Pogba for $800k and buying him back for $120mm has to be the biggest ROI in the history of sports for Juve. That's more than their stadium cost!

Maul

Dental Dammer
Selling Pogba for $800k and buying him back for $120mm has to be the biggest ROI in the history of sports for Juve. That's more than their stadium cost!
Fergies fault for playing Rafael in CM, then bringing scholes out of retirement, Pogba was obviously a good talent we had available when we were desperate for midfielders. Oh well. He's not worth the money.

PS, he wasn't sold, he left on a free transfer.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I said this in last years thread in that half of all transfers fail and lets wait until the player actually plays for the new team before saying a transfer is amazing. I think Pogba could be a great signing for ManU if it comes off for a hell of a lot of money. Granted I said that about Schneiderlin last year and quite frankly he was shit and then Di Maria the year before. It doesn't always work out for a variety of reasons. For Pogba in particular, he has been surrounded by other great CM's at Juve (Marchisio/Vidal/Pirlo/etc) and now with this fee will be expected to carry ManU without other great CM's around him. He seems to be a CM that needs freedom to pull off singular moments of quality, not one to dominate an entire midfield and dictate a game. Match that with the lightning quick Rooney/Zlatan combo in front of him and it will be interesting to say the least to see how it plays out.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Before Footy gets into the title.

So Leicester winning again? About the same odds as last year.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So long as Ossoi gets lost on the way here this thread should be good. Think City should win it, Arsenal, as ever, two signings away....

Utne

Molten Core Raider
Place didn't feel like home without a proper football thread.

Excited for the new PL season though, going to be fun!

Slithum

Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum
With the amount of money manU has been spending its only a matter of time befor afew get sold ... Looking at you Mata

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think the EPL is wide open this year with Spuds the favorite:

Leicester - Lost Konte, likely to lose Mahrez, top 8 would be realistic as they now have CL games

Arsenal - Wenger is refusing to spend, the squad isn't improving. Top 4 challenger at best

ManC - Guardiola is instituting a new system, doesn't know which players fit that and has never coached in a league where there are no true shit teams anymore. Title challenger on talent alone but I expect a lot of hiccups along the way making for just a steady Top 4

ManU - I've always tried to be honest in these assessments at the beginning of the year with my usual LFC tint if anybody remembers my old write-ups but I'm sorry, fuck Mourinho. Complete betrayal of everything ManU stands for from Busby on up. Relegation candidates.

Spurs - Last day meltdown aside, settled side that keeps adding quality better than they had and hasn't lost anybody. Title challengers.

LFC - Left back aside, we have good depth in every position. Just a question of can Klopp get the tactics right from game to game as we have 1 game a week basically this year. Top 4 challengers.

West Ham - Dark horse Top 4 thanks to the bullshit Olympic Stadium deal, looks a quality side.