something new

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

boozebagbeefhole

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have finished the Spencer novels and am almost done with the Jack Reacher novels does anyone know of another good set of novels about a private eye bad ass?

Koivu

Molten Core Raider
Not a private eye per se, but Repairman Jack -series by F. Paul Wilson might be up your alley, especially if you like your stories with a dash of paranormal/urban fantasy. The protagonist is a trouble-shooter, who helps people with their various problems. The help he offers is rarely legal, or nice. Be cautioned though, the first novel in the series, "The Tomb" has been published twice. The original version was released in 1984, and the author hadn't planned on using the main character again. The book was a bestseller though, and eventually he ended up writing more novels. He published an updated version of The Tomb in 2004, to retcon some of the more glaring continuity errors that had come up when he had developed the character further.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dresden Files!

I was actually gonna recommend the Spenser novels because I barely skimmed your post. Oops. Umm...yeah I got nothing.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Simon R. Green ~ Nightside series. It gets a little hookie with time travel eventually, but it was fun for short reads. Once you get into his universe it's hard to stop reading. I enjoyed Dresden stuff more though.

boozebagbeefhole

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the info. I finished all of the Dresden Files so far those have been my favorites with the Jack Reacher novels in a close 2nd.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

ringer_sl

shitlord
Not really Private Eye books, but I've just finished a series by Sam Eastland about Inspector Pekkala, an investigator in communist Russia.

http://www.inspectorpekkala.com/

4 books in the series, and I couldn't put any of them down; found the setting really interesting, and the author has done a decent job with research etc.

TXjohnny

<Bronze Donator>
I am also a big fan of Spencer/Repairman Jack/Jack Reacher. You might want to check out the Elvis Cole/Joe Pike series by Robert Crais. The Shane Scully series by Stephen J. Cannell are easy reads but he's a cop, not a P.I. If you want to go old school, check out the Travis McGee series by John D. McDonald. I still need to pay a visit to Slip F-18 Bahia Mar Marina.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Since you read Dresden and plenty have suggested paranormal stuff, the only new one I can think of to add is The Vampire Files by P.N. Elrod. All the books are pretty short and they were published 20'ish years ago (could be some newer ones I'm unaware of), but it is basically a vampire private investigator in, I want to say, somewhere around the 20's or 30's. It has been years since I read them, so they could suck now that I'm older, but I flew threw them originally.

And he doesn't sparkle.