SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Blizzard buying the EQ IP and having Furor design shit would be amusing.

The EQLive code is so fucked, you might as well use Eqemu. Which really comes down to, the entire Everquest franchise needs to just fucking die.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
How they even survived this long is mind boggling. Riding EQ's coat tails into the dirt.
because they lucked into H1Z! Battle Royale with 150 people that took off and has been a top 10-20 seller since it came out pretty much. THen you add crates onto that. The money just flows in. People are obsessed with skins. They love them some skins and people will fork out big time cash for them.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
It's not Saurfang, it's Nighthuntress Syrene in Suramar who DOES say the fated sentence: "You have ruined your own lands, outsider. You will not ruin mine!"

Except that many mobs in EQ said "xxxxxx, you've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine!", long before WoW was even a thing. So my post is about the crossover posted above my post, the new Leader of the Horde says to the Norrathians...

I literally would buy a years subscription in advance if Blizzard would buy the EQ IP and remake it from scratch using EQ's gameplay, EQ's races, EQ's classes, and WoW's game client as a base to build upon.

Please Blizzard take my money.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I don't think that Blizzard would ever buy it. They already have enough fantasy IP's that make them a ton of money.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
...The urge to resub rises...

bye.gif

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
because they lucked into H1Z! Battle Royale with 150 people that took off and has been a top 10-20 seller since it came out pretty much. THen you add crates onto that. The money just flows in. People are obsessed with skins. They love them some skins and people will fork out big time cash for them.
h1z1 is modern gaming a nutshell. Shitty studios being kept afloat by a shitty game because the consumer is brain fucking dead retarded.

Why produce a good game/meaningful content when people will happily give you money for fucking skins? Look at Valve, have they done anything worth while since they purchased DOTA and can laugh all the way to the bank because some fucktard will spend $100 on a fucking cosmetic you can barely see? Nope.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
h1z1 is modern gaming a nutshell. Shitty studios being kept afloat by a shitty game because the consumer is brain fucking dead retarded.

Why produce a good game/meaningful content when people will happily give you money for fucking skins? Look at Valve, have they done anything worth while since they purchased DOTA and can laugh all the way to the bank because some fucktard will spend $100 on a fucking cosmetic you can barely see? Nope.
its also alot of fucking fun. I have played the fuck out of King of the Kill. Solo, Duo's or even 5's. YOu dont take it serious, you just go around and kill monthefuckers and try to be the last one standing.

Yes, the consumer playing pixel dress up barbie boggles my mind, but the game is still alot of fucking fun in the end. People dont play games they dont find fun. There is a reason why almost all the top streamers play the game. People love watching it, and the lul'z and entertainment it provides is 2nd to none compared to just about any other game.

Louis

Trakanon Raider

Valve never purchased DotA. If you think they haven't did anything worthwhile since the original DotA then you're functionally retarded.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
lol wtf? DOTA2 is owned by valve. They have not release anything since DOTA2s release. are you high?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I think using Valve as an example was a poor choice. Their company is rather uniquely structured and thanks to Steam (Not DOTA skins) they have almost no pressure to actually produce anything.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
That still doesn't mean much as far as Valve is concerned. DOTA skins/what ever the fuck are probably a drop in the bucket compared to what Steam earns them. You do have a point for other companies who decide to ride the monitization money train but I just don't see Valve deciding to stop game development because of DOTA money hats when they were already drowning in Steam money hats.