Star Ocean: The Divine Force

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Ya english VA's in general are a pain in the ass for Tri-Ace for some odd reason..

The JP ones have always been better.. except Lym ... but that has more too do with her char then anything, stupid fucking 'Kay every line.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Also meant to link this one. I hate to say it but this just looks bad. I hope this is really legit early dev footage. Mouths dont move right for the VO, and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and uhhh, maybe its just me but it looks choppy AF. Motoi Sakuraba's music as usual is badass though.

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
... *sigh* RIP ahwell some neat ideas but ..

Having too aim flight seems very .. old

mehh just looks like a XB clone now..

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Yikes. Hard pass. I hope they lose all their money and someone shakes up this IP in the future.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't understand tri ace really. They had a great formula in SO but its just gone downhill every release. I'm not very impressed. I'm gonna buy it day 1 because I like to burn money, but I don't expect to really like it too much.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Released yesterday. So far its pretty fun and a huge step up from the past two SO games. Combat is similar to FF7R as its seamless and fast paced, but less of a focus on party switching (at least not so far). Art style is what it is. Thankfully not hyper annoying characters yet like SO4.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Released yesterday. So far its pretty fun and a huge step up from the past two SO games. Combat is similar to FF7R as its seamless and fast paced, but less of a focus on party switching (at least not so far). Art style is what it is. Thankfully not hyper annoying characters yet like SO4.
Yea, I looked at it yesterday and decided to hold off until I saw more stuff like this. Picked up Tales of Arise since that was totally off my radar for something to play around with from time to time. I think I ruined Tales of Arise by opening all the DLC that came along with the purchase though - its like I inadvertently used a cheat code and now Im kind of sad.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, you definitely need to pick and choose carefully if you get all the possible DLC for Tales of Arise. Grabbing it all will just ruin the game and you might as well start over.

I would not touch anything in the Premium Item, Starter, Relief Support, Growth Boost, Premium Travel, or Comeback Support packs unless you get really sick of a particular bit of grinding. It's probably not too big a deal if you don't feel like clicking on everything in the costume packs individually and take the 300 SP bonuses, since SP is pretty hard to come by and you're adding an extra set of skills to purchase for each character which will be very hard to buy with normal SP gain.

----------------------------
The Star Ocean demo didn't impress me a whole lot, looks like something I'll rent next time there's a big lull in releases and I've got nothing else worth getting from Gamefly.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So Star Ocean Divine Force is out! And apparently, it's not terrible. It's not great. But its better than 5. SO5 had a metacritic of 58 and divine force looks like about a 70.

So yeah, it's not going to be amazing. But it's going to be on par with 4 pretty much.