Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This is what its all about. Totally awesome man.
This... I'm going through the same thing with my 8 and 4 year old. My house has become a shrine to StarWars thanks to this movie. It's been funning play with them though and brings back memories.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
This is what its all about. Totally awesome man.
Reminds me of Freddie Prinze Jr. (voices Kanan onRebels) talking about his little girl thinking he's really a Jedi and asking him if he was gonna be blind forever now.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't Dark side of the moon synch perfectly with pretty much everything?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Not the best place for this, or maybe it is... The 1 shot 3PO comic from Marvel finally drops tomorrow after a multi month delay. Basically its the story of the red arm. Just a heads up, some of these comics have been in short supply!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
mkay. when you read it pls give us an executive summary here.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So, boys can't connect to Finn? He wasn't a male lead? Huh? It shouldn't matter he's not force sensitive since Han Solo was arguably more popular than Luke back in the day.
Han was a renegade with a sweet ride and side kick, not a confused fish out of water.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The Special Editions of the original trilogy will be coming out in select theaters towards the end of this summer. The list so far:

August 6 - San Francisco, CA / The Warfield
August 6 - Kansas City, MO / The Midland Theatre
August 6 - Washington, D.C. / Warner Theatre
August 6 - Los Angeles, CA / The Theatre at the Ace Hotel
August 6 - New York, NY / The Town Hall
August 6 - Miami, FL / Olympia Theatre
August 6 - San Antonio, TX Majestic Theatre
August 7 - New York, NY / Kings Theatre
August 7 - Dallas, TX / Majestic Theatre
August 11 - Austin, TX / The Long Center for the Performing Arts (Ep. 4-A New Hope)
August 12 - Austin, TX / The Long Center for the Performing Arts (Ep. 5-The Empire Strikes Back)
August 13 - Austin, TX / The Long Center for the Performing Arts (Ep. 6-Return of the Jedi)
August 13 - Philadelphia, PA / The Keswick Theatre
August 13 - Louisville, KY / Brown Theatre
August 20 - Oakland, CA / Paramount Theatre
August 27 - Boston, MA / The Boston Opera House
Date TBD - Houston, TX / Venue TBD
Date TBD - Denver, CO / Venue TBD

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Answer at Tribeca Festival from JJ about Rey's parentage:
When you hire Chris Rock to conduct an interview-especially an interview with a nerd culture beacon like one J.J. Abrams, spotlighted in front of a large, bustling audience at this year's Tribeca Film Festival thanks in no small part to the success of The Force Awakens-what you're setting up for is a good show. Some pleasant patter, a few biting jokes, and the obligatory mention of Pootie Tang. (He found a way, guys.) So if what you're really interested in is hard-hitting investigative journalism, you're going to have to bring in a rogue. Enter: Kyle, an ostensibly middle school-aged Star Wars fan who, during the audience Q&A following Rock and Abrams' hour-long back-and-forth, had the guts to ask the one question everyone in the audience-nay, the world-really wants the answer to: "I was going to ask you, J.J., who Rey's parents are."

After a round of elated applause from the crowd, Abrams jokingly told the young fan to "get out!" And while he, to no one's surprise, refused to meet Kyle's quandary with a direct answer, Abrams did say something that might put to bed a series of theories the fan community has been harboring since The Force Awakens' release. "Rey's parents are," he began, pausing for just a moment, "not in Episode VII."

feeling pretty nerd awesome because this was my theory the whole time

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Disney should pay therestof the original trilogy editing team to put outtheirversion of a director's cut. That would be something I'd pay to see.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I bought the Blu-Ray yesterday, watched it last night.

Found that I enjoyed it more than I did on the first viewing. Knowing what was going to happen, plot wise yes, but more-so with the tone and 'character' of the film, I was able to enjoy the bigger picture of it all.

So, fuck the haters.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So wait... JJ says her parent are "not in Episode VII" but I thought he left it open ended for the next writer? Does "he" know or did they establish this recently once the script for Episode VIII? I'm just curious if all these guys got together before VII and figured it all out from VII to IX and known this whole time or if they're just now really bringing the trilogy together? Rian Johnson is writing VIII and IX so wonder how much input he entertained from others?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Someone posted his addendum already, it was something like basically that no one in episode 7 knew, not quite as limiting.