Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Caliane

The red is the real issue. Whats that about?

Revenge of the Jedi was red at one point appereantly.

I think Grey Jedi, and iirc, unification? was that term in the EU? is a mistake. Like, yes in real world terms Jedi and Sith are pretty stupid, with obvious flaws in both's philosophy and in practice. But, the easy answer of balance is just too easy. It makes the existance of Jedi and sith just stupid, if the answer was so easy. why do Jedi and Sith exist, if the answer is, "hey dont be an extremist asshole." We aren't talking real world religions where the supernatural forces do not exist. The force IS real in this world, so Force is a real reason for these extremists to exist. The Jedi should be assholes for a reason. Its like Frozen with elsa's parents doing the exact opposite of what they are told. Frozen is a disney princess movie. so love and sharing being rainbows and sunshine is fine.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The red is the real issue. Whats that about?

Ben Solo will end up being the last Jedi ;)

But seriously several of the previous logos have used red lettering though not exclusively. ESB, Return of the Jedi, and RotS all did that I can think of off hand.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Going back to the Clone Wars series we have the whole sequence with "Father" "Daughter" and "Son" as Force avatars. It was implied there that balance exists and is possible, but that balance is hard.

Balance is an unstable equilibrium point at the top of a hill with Jedi on one side and Sith on the other. It is much easier to hang out in the two valleys on either side of the hill rather than trying to stay at the top. I think the whole notion of the Chosen One wasn't to be the person who managed to sit right on top of that hill so much as being the person to just remove the hill from the equation.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
  • 1Like

Royal

One of the things that came out following the death of Carrie Fisher was that Leia and Luke were supposed to have a reunion in Ep IX. Unless they were talking about Luke as a force ghost he should live through this next one.

Caliane

I dig it!

Remember what Yoda told Luke, "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be."

So it could just be Luke's 'title' and I think everyone can agree we want to see more Luke.
with the title I'm guessing Luke dies in this one, probable as a sacrifice like Obi-Wan did... because poetry and whatnot.
But then he was like. Nah, I was lying like that bitch Obi Wan.
"there is another."

and then Luke was like, Leia, you are going to be a bad ass Jedi with super powers too.
But, then she said fuck you. Super powers are boring. I'm going to do drugs and bang Han solo. Then, become a general.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

Another interpretation is that Luke is supposed to be, destined if you will, the last Jedi. He tried to create a new Jedi academy only to have one student turn to the dark side and kill off the remaining students. Maybe it's some "will of the force" type of dynamic at work.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Caliane

Last Jedi? bye Luke
Luke is going to send out an arcade game for Starwars, across the galaxy. the person that gets the highscore will be the new Jedi.

Red title does make me wonder if this next movie will follow Kylo Ren as the protagonist.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It think it is a great name. Hard to believe this will be out before the end of the year.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Jedi is singular and plural...Lots of possibilities. Wiggle room galore.

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
11 months to go huh... wonder when we see the first trailer. Late summer?

You know what would be awesome? Zero footage in the trailer. I'd love to be able to go in and have zero idea what to expect even regarding settings. They don't really need footage for a Star Wars trailer. Just play Luke's music against a starry back drop, cut to Luke's first line in 30+ years. Boom The Last Jedi. John Williams music is all you need to sell Star Wars.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should at least be seeing teasers in a couple months. You know there's going to be footage. I've just been avoiding everything about the movies in the last month or two run up prior to release, when way too much detail starts coming through.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's got to be a Luke centric story.

The entirety of the last one was "finding luke". It'll be fucking WEIRD if those one is just like "lol, found him. OH SHIT FUCK THIS OLD MAN THEY HAVE A DEATHSTAR THE SIZE OF AN ACTUAL STAR THIS TIME. SHOOT THE TORPEDO IN THE THING!!!!"

Hopefully the dialogue is a little less clunky. I watched New New Hope again, and those Ford / Fischer scenes were just so on the nose.

Scale up the size of the artifice with the ships and size of the space battles, scale down the size of the Jedi. No more armies of 20,000 Jedi all running around being stupid. The Jedi is once again a small shadow cabal. Mystical. Like in the first one.

I'd like that, if they retcon Lucas's mass produced Jedi.

Also get that dude from Marco Polo to play a Jedi. He does great with the blind Taoist monk.

Last edited:

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
They are saying that the first teaser will come at celebration this year. I'm hoping that we don't see much in the trailer as well. I agree that there is no need to sell this one.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Dig the name. The Force Awakens is also a good title, thought it portentous when I first heard it. The Last Jedi is straightforward and a bit brooding.
Luke is going to send out an arcade game for Starwars, across the galaxy. the person that gets the highscore will be the new Jedi.
c674c343de8f61a0f37876038ad833e2.jpg

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I think we'll get something small before Celebration. Maybe the teaser within about a month, with a minute and a half trailer at Celebration. They've been in post production on this for months already, they are ready to deliver some goods.