Stormhaven - Kate's Hoof

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After NL Reborn was nuked from orbit, a few of us have rerolled on Stormhaven.

"Storm Haven is a Custom Legit server with a wide variety of custom zones, quests, items, and unique ideas.

It includes a server base in Nexus, customized exp zones from levels 1-75, raid zones, original custom quests, custom items, custom tradeskill recipes, Teleporters, starter items from a merchant, quests to reach level 75 and much more."

Progression Guide: 1-70 - StormWiki Pick the SoF path

Server Rules - StormWiki

Update Your Spell File - StormWiki

Last edited:

Evernothing

Very custom.

Merecenaries exist.

You also get a clicky horn early on to summon a rogue-like or healer-like (1 at a time) out of group merc/pet

Clickes for illusions, once per day CH, once per 30min Succor etc exist.

Last edited:

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, played some last night. Fun server. A lot of effort went into adjusting everything.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Can I just update my Nagafens Lair install with these files, or should there be a whole new fresh install?

Also how solo friendly is this server? I liked NL because I could do all my leveling and questing solo due to Dad playtime limitations

Evernothing

We just updated our RoF2 NL install. I dropped in the new spellfile and new dbstr file. No zone fiel changes so far.

Just as easy or easier to solo with 1 char so far.

It is designed to have raids with 1 - 2 full groups, so with the number of active people we have we should not need to box here.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Started my 'every game I ever play' pally Drakain. Got through the initial bat, rat, etc quests. I like the quest system, feels similar to WoW (stopped EQ LIVE at PoP).

Tried to click on the horse at the start and it said I need to have updated character models. That sucks.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damnit, of course I go to change it up and make a rogue, and / all rogue shows fucking Jysin with a 46 rogue already. Ass.

Evernothing

Started my 'every game I ever play' pally Drakain. Got through the initial bat, rat, etc quests. I like the quest system, feels similar to WoW (stopped EQ LIVE at PoP).

Tried to click on the horse at the start and it said I need to have updated character models. That sucks.

Yeah you would need updated models, or skeleton illusion.

I wouldn't worry much about the horse for now, its basically useless, and you will get boots with Jboot click on them before you are done in Crescent Reach.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish I knew how to figure out all my fucking EQEmu accounts. This server seemed strangely familiar, and "Gravel" was already taken. I'm like 99% sure it's my character, but I can't figure out what account. Doing an account recovery thing on the EQEmu website only brought up 3 accounts; none of which I remembered I had, but none of the ones I normally use. Not sure how to figure out the others.

I believe I've got 8 or so accounts, if not more.

Dexz

Golden Squire
I had no idea about the SoF path untill last night. Im already lvl 38 and wonder if i should spend some time back questing for the tier armor.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it's Bixie Hive place where you need to tradeskill Baking for questing that tier armor. OR, you can skip it by buying direct from the merchant but you need something like 1100 plat for it all. Also, getting Ally faction will only require 1 of each item vs multiple for a few slots like BP. There are later tiers where there is no purchasing the components. Jewelcrafting in Loping Plains, for example. The good news is, the JC items are tradeable and we have others in guild who can pop over and do the combines for you if you have the mats from farming the globlin camps.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For those of you wanting to join here, this is a direct download link for the ROF2 client:

tinyurl.com/EZROF1
tinyurl.com/EZROF2
tinyurl.com/EZROF3
tinyurl.com/EZROF4
tinyurl.com/EZROF5
tinyurl.com/EZROF6
tinyurl.com/EZROF7
tinyurl.com/EZROF8
tinyurl.com/EZROF9
tinyurl.com/EZROF10

Cut and paste those into your browser for the full ROF2 download. (Unzip and dump all contents into 1 folder of your choosing) Be sure to edit the eqclient.ini file and look for Sound=FALSE and change to Sound=TRUE if you want sound to work in-game.

Then download the latest server files and dump them into your EQ folder (overwrite if prompted):

http://epicdawn.com/downloads/spells_download.php
and
http://epicdawn.com/downloads/dbstr_download.php

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Going SK SHM at the moment, no idea if clerics are needed but i think our guild has two healers in it lol

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Giving this a shot.

WAR - Kaines
CLR - Sunder
SHM - Cragon
ROG - Khagan
BER - Ragegar
BRD - Bellaa

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6 boxing? Feel like 3 would work with mercs.

Mercs work up until TBS / SoD and turn basically useless with the difficulty increases.

6 boxing is fine if you want to do your own thing. Not necessary with the active people we have in guild currently.