Suggest a book based on my recent favorites.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I loved prince of nothing, though so far the new trilogy is a little slow, I know alot of people don't like it and it does read like a history book sometimes. I'm gonna keep recommending Richard K Morgan's Land Fit For Heroes first book The Steel Remains. If you don't mind the gay sex it is great dark fantasy.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I loved prince of nothing, though so far the new trilogy is a little slow, I know alot of people don't like it and it does read like a history book sometimes. I'm gonna keep recommending Richard K Morgan's Land Fit For Heroes first book The Steel Remains. If you don't mind the gay sex it is great dark fantasy.
I don't know - I thought the first one was excellent, but the second one seemed to do a sudden huge rewind and take 3/4 of the book getting back to where the first one ended.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
pls don't hate me but... Am I the only one who thought The Black Company was not a very good book (specifically the first trilogy)? I thought the writing was really bad. Don't make me pull out the book and quote pieces since it would require me to read it again.

Now I need a suggestion! Just read The Road for the second time. Any recommendations for other Cormac McCarthy works?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I agree, I think black company is pretty overrated.

Couple of series that I'd recommend that weren't already mentioned:

Codex Alera by Jim Butcher (Dresden files by him as well if you are into urban fantasy). Solid series, and it's got Zerg basically.

Long Price Quartet by Daniel Abraham (he is also one of two authors for Leviathan Wakes if you like space opera)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
pls don't hate me but... Am I the only one who thought The Black Company was not a very good book (specifically the first trilogy)? I thought the writing was really bad. Don't make me pull out the book and quote pieces since it would require me to read it again.
I don't think we can be friends anymore
frown.png

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know - I thought the first one was excellent, but the second one seemed to do a sudden huge rewind and take 3/4 of the book getting back to where the first one ended.
which series are we talking about ?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok now I can agree, second book definitely was not up to the first one, seemed disjointed at times and took a bit longer to get going anywhere. I think it was suffering from middle book syndrome, fitting in pieces to bridge to the next book which based on the excerpts will be really good.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
My only problem with Week's Night Angel Trilogy was after I read them for a second time, it really doesn't feel like the guy knew where his universe was heading until half way through the second book. In hindsight that annoys me, but I was pleased enough on the first read through.

Just downloaded Lynch, I had forgotten about him. Thanks!

Gritty, some of it over the top. Mark Lawrence ~ Prince of Thorns is the first one. There really isn't much out there like Abercrombie. I love that guys stuff.