Summer 2024 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Ossan Newbie Adventurer, Trained to Death by the Most Powerful Party, Became Invincible

Genre: Action & Adventure, Animation, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2024-07-02

Creator: Kiraku Kishima, Shin Katagai

Cast: Takuya Sato, Saori Onishi, Kenta Miyake, Toshiyuki Toyonaga, Misaki Kuno, Shino Shimoji, Ryohei Kimura, Shinnosuke Tokudome, Ryuho Nagaoka, Katsuyuki Konishi

Overview: Normally, people choose to become adventurers in their teens. At 30 years old, Rick Gladiator bucks the trend by leaving his job as a guild clerk to become an adventurer. He begins as a novice F-rank with the fighting strength of an S-rank. After two years of brutal training with the continent’s strongest party, Orichalcum Fist, Rick will defeat anyone who underestimates him!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
summer-2024.jpg

Could Amod Amod please change the thread title to "Summer 2024 Anime Thread"? Thanks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Anyway, new season has already began and I didn't see a new thread, so here we go.

I've already watched 3 new shows. 2 of them were kinda Isekai style super powerful people, and I enjoyed them. The third... A little creepy.

Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen data (The Strongest Magician) - This is about some dude that's a human but was raised by a demon. Then he somehow becomes the 2nd in command of the demon army, but has to keep the fact that he's a human a secret, so he wears this mask. It was a silly enough show, but it kept my attention while I was tired, so I'll give it another episode or two.

Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai (My Wife Has No Emotion) - Some dude is a video game developer or something and works crazy hours. He bought a used "robot maid" thing to make him dinner and clean the house. But he's a fucking weeb, so he wants to marry her. It was creepy, so I shut it off.

Shinmai Ossan Boukensha (Ossan Newbie Adventurer) - Watched this one today. It's about some 32 year old guy who always was a receptionist at the local adventurer's guild, but 2 years ago, quit being a receptionist and began his life as an adventurer. Then he trained for the last 2 years with the single strongest adventurer team in the country and got massively strong in the process. But he still thinks he's a loser F-Rank, even though he's probably the strongest. It's a silly show, but it was amusing none the less.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
only one on my reading list so far is
Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made

it might have high hopes, same studio that made higurashi no naku

it's supposed to be gory and almost off putting b/c
his skill is poison/disease so you should see lots of boils and puss and blood puking

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Seems like a weak season. Outside of the 4 mentioned and some returning series, I don't see anything really compelling.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Went through the list, here's what I saw:

NieR:Automata part 2

Rick and Morty : The anime ???????????

More Spice and Wolf -cont

More Code Geass - cont

Oshi no ko S2

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Watched a fourth show, Tasuuketsu (Fate of the Majority). I also liked this one. The concept is, a screen saver appeared on every computer in the world (or just Japan?) and if you answered the question a certain way, you survived. If you didn't answer, or answered the other way, you died. The next day, they asked another question (yes or no). Then more people died. It seems the system is killing the majority and preserving the minority. Every day is another question with two options (3rd day was man or woman). Fewest votes wins. Then the last person alive in Japan get's a chance to meet the person that set up the system. It's a weird show, but I like it.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
New Oshi no Ko came out today. I didn't watch it yet, but my daughter seems to have loved it.
Also 2nd episode of the new masked human demon show.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Spice & Wolf is continuing this season, and it is full of awesomeness and memberberries. It's mostly slice of life and romcom, but the supernatural parts and action comes at you often enough. Holo is still top 5 Best Girl of all time.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database