Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Survivor

Genre: Reality

First aired: 2000-05-31

Creator: Charlie Parsons, Mark Burnett

Cast: Jeff Probst

Overview: A reality show contest where sixteen or more castaways split between two or more “Tribes” are taken to a remote isolated location and are forced to live off the land with meager supplies for roughly 39 days. Frequent physical challenges are used to pit the tribes against each other for rewards, such as food or luxuries, or for “Immunity”, forcing the other tribe to attend “Tribal Council”, where they must vote off one of their players.

Araxen

I don't like the outdoors or bugs so I applied for Survivor! What a fucking idiot. Also lol @ the Millennials for picking the chickens over the fishing gear. There are a bunch of retards on both sides but the GenX side seems to have less of them. The cyclone really saved the Millennials because they were fucking around instead of building their shelter. They got very lucky.

I thought for sure the black chick was going after that first vote popped up for her. I was like really you guys can't be this dumb and thankfully they weren't.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree with Zeke. I'm 32, and I don't share anything in common with Millenials. They're fucking retarded for the most part.

There was an article I read a while back about how those born in the early to mid 80's are kind of a floater generation who don't really belong.

Anyway, regarding the game, I think it's weird they didn't get rid of Mr. Death. Seems like he's going to be incredibly useless in just about everything. I get voting out an annoying person, but she might be at least somewhat useful somewhere.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Also 32 and didn't like where I'd have fit in their age brackets.

Is that Jet Li's sister on the GenX tribe?

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Season is looking pretty good. I thought I was going to hate all of the Millennials, but the pretty three are dumb enough to be entertaining, and I like the mustached dude for some odd reason. I like how the Gen X tribe is shaping up as well with the uber outdoor guy and that red headed and jersey guy leading the front on likable/watchable people. I think the only reason the dude scared of his own shadow was allowed to stay was he was instantly marked by everyone else on that tribe as the perfect goat.

Araxen

'Survivor': Jeff Probst Reveals Where the Evacuated Contestants Went During That Cyclone

What did you do with the contestants when they left the beach? Where did you take them and how did you make sure the game did not continue while the cameras were off?
We made the decision to bring them to base camp so that we would all be together. We put each tribe in a separate room with absolutely nothing in it. No food, no blankets, no pillows, nothing. They were monitored by producers the entire night. And, to their credit, they did not talk or try to form alliances. They honored the good faith agreement we had made. The next morning, we returned them to the beaches and the game resumed.

One other note that fans may enjoy. On the way to evacuate them, I ran into our POV guy, Andrew Metz. He’s responsible for placing cameras inside of challenges so we get those crazy shots of a hand untying a knot or a foot coming down in the mud. Since we obviously couldn’t have any of our camera crew out on the beach during the storm, I asked him if there was any way to put a camera on one of the beaches, just in case we got lucky. He said the battery will die in four hours. But he said if someone has an extended cell phone battery he could hook it up and make it work. Our location supervisor, Michael Glaser, happened to be walking by and said, “I have one. I’ll grab it.”

So Andrew headed out to the beach, set up a GoPro — and that is the shot you saw where the Gen X tribe camp was literally destroyed by one huge tree. Had he not come up with that idea we would not have the shot, and without the shot there would be no way to show just how strong and potentially deadly the storm turned out to be. Reason #3,875 why I love working on this show.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Sorry we missed watching the millennials suffer through a storm in their non-shelter but the fact that a tree fell on the GenX shelter was pretty crazy so I'm sure it was the right decision.

Unsurprisingly half of the millennials seem to think they are at spring break rather than survivor. It seems like there was another group of young people another season that did the "cool kids" alliance and ignored everyone else like they were in high school and then quickly got voted out because it turns out being good looking and treating people who aren't like garbage isn't the way to not get voted out of survivor even if it does work in high school.

The nerdy girl and the Asian gamer chick seem like they might be able to get something going but the rest of the millennials seem pretty useless so far.

The average seems quite a bit better on the Gen-X tribe if they don't go on an immunity losing streak it seems like they should be the stronger tribe. That skinny dude being super paranoid was pretty funny. When he first started talking about how he was on the chopping block I was like "What? no one even knows who you are yet." but apparently he's crazy. Eye infection lady was pretty horrifying.

I wasn't at all surprised by the boot. As a woman you really don't want to draw any attention to yourself this early. They already want to vote off physically weaker people and volunteering to do the puzzle and failing at it pretty much guarantees that you're going home first because nobody has a better reason to vote for somebody else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I agree with Zeke. I'm 32, and I don't share anything in common with Millenials. They're fucking retarded for the most part.

There was an article I read a while back about how those born in the early to mid 80's are kind of a floater generation who don't really belong.

Anyway, regarding the game, I think it's weird they didn't get rid of Mr. Death. Seems like he's going to be incredibly useless in just about everything. I get voting out an annoying person, but she might be at least somewhat useful somewhere.
As with all survivors, minorities first, then they vote out the useless whiteys, also if you're dumb enough to draw attention to yourself (singling yourself out in a challenge, ala puzzle or doing something that is taking up too much time, ala courtney and rope cutting), you're fucked.

Unsurprisingly half of the millennials seem to think they are at spring break rather than survivor. It seems like there was another group of young people another season that did the "cool kids" alliance and ignored everyone else like they were in high school and then quickly got voted out because it turns out being good looking and treating people who aren't like garbage isn't the way to not get voted out of survivor even if it does work in high school.
Caramoan had "Cool Kids"

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of being too slow, the Gen X tribe and their first short cut with the ropes. Holy shit did that take forever. Rachel smacked the damn thing like 20 times to break it, and then Ken(?) couldn't seem to get the thing to open. So much for an advantage when you waste all your time just activating it.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Wonder why no one goes with a rain coat as a personal item, are they not allowed to or something? Seen them going with sport coats(lol) and sweaters. Still pretty funny to see new contestants laze around when building shelter on the first day, not that it mattered this season I guess since a storm came through and destroyed both camps anyways, that was a good call on the evac. As usually people selling their skills to try and be relevant on the first challenge, if you're not good at puzzles or breaking a totem with a big club don't volunteer, in fact one of the big guys should have stepped in at that point and said they would do all the clubbing, at least they switched on the second one. These guys going all paranoid a lil too early in the game.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Every season same thing. They'll never learn to just coast in the middle until things settle down and you get a few allies. Oh I'm great at puzzles! Fuck 1 minute someone switch with me! And the short cuts were a joke, wonder if that'll be a theme throughout the season.

The clue to hold on until the end and then 'will' it when you're voted off we really have no idea about. Would have been cool if it was more of a progressive reward based on how many days you held it. Like hold it for one week cash it in for a challenge advantage, two weeks a luxury item, three weeks immunity, I dunno, I've put like zero thought in to it other than we have no idea what it does, it just gets passed on automatically, and we have to wait until the end. There just nothing building the anticipation for me to care.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I don't understand how someone can claim to only love survivor for the gameplay aspect but completely and utterly suck at the gameplay

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wonder why no one goes with a rain coat as a personal item, are they not allowed to or something? Seen them going with sport coats(lol) and sweaters. Still pretty funny to see new contestants laze around when building shelter on the first day, not that it mattered this season I guess since a storm came through and destroyed both camps anyways, that was a good call on the evac. As usually people selling their skills to try and be relevant on the first challenge, if you're not good at puzzles or breaking a totem with a big club don't volunteer, in fact one of the big guys should have stepped in at that point and said they would do all the clubbing, at least they switched on the second one. These guys going all paranoid a lil too early in the game.

Production will call obvious bullshit when they see it, Peigh-gee is a Jeweler and she made her bracelet out of flint, she didn't hide flint in it, the whole thing was flint, after she said "hey guys, we can make fire, my bracelet is flint", production took it away.

So you can't be like, "Oh my personal item is an advanced goretex rain coat b/c it makes me feel all warm inside"

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Millenials have the worst personalities. That tribal was painful to watch, in a cringey way.

Anyway:
B5BSVqH.png

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Baffling episode, to me at least.

I had no idea Paul was the Gen-X "ringleader".

Tri-Force not being broken up was weird. "We should get rid of Mari instead cuz she's like smart and stuff". I could *feel* Boston Rob laughing at that. Even Michaela voted for Mari??

Watching Frail-man run off and gather small rocks (he was spent after getting 3 of them I think) as a cover for searching for the idol was great. I was kinda proud of him when he actually found the damned thing, but then he wasted no time in blabbing about his having the idol in an effort to parley that into forming an alliance with...Ken was it? Bad move imo, but we'll see.

I agree with Gravel, that TC was fucking awkward. When the Jewish chick just started babbling nonsense because she was in awe that Jeff addressed her directly, was like goddamn. The best part was when 'Figgy' was completely not paying attention to what was going on when she and her obvious alliance was being openly scrutinized. "huh whaa ..oh, you guys are still talking about that stuffs"? She has the attention span of a gnat on crack.

Too early to pick a fav still. The butter churn needs more stirrin' to bring some of these personalities out.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database