Taboo

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
y99umcGs7BdQCuRdnTUESsxsMWV.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Taboo[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2017-01-10[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]An adventurer returns to Britain from Africa along with fourteen stolen diamonds to seek vengeance after the death of his father.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Taboo is a forthcoming British-American drama television miniseries created by Steven Knight. The eight-episode miniseries is about an adventurer who returns to Britain from Africa along with fourteen stolen diamonds to seek vengeance after the death of his father. The miniseries, created from a story co-written by Tom Hardy and his father, Chips Hardy, who will act as a consulting producer, will premiere on BBC One in the United Kingdom and FX in the United States.

fuck me in the ass that looks goddamn amazing

Uncharted x Count of Monte Cristo with Tom Hardy on TV

Will premiere on BBC in the UK and FX in the USA, don't think there is an air date yet but they have finished filming apparently

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks great. I'm in.

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm down, but dat music change for the last title card. Who's dumb idea was that.

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
There is only one "Taboo" series for me...and that involved Kay Parker!

But, I will give this a shot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Man, I want to be excited about this because I love Hardy, but I can't fucking stand the 1800s as a setting for some reason.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

BBC One in UK On Jan 7th, FX in USA on Jan 10th. 8 episodes total.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I've been waiting for this a while. Expectations are high. I hope it lives up to it.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Pfft there will only ever be one Taboo film I will watch, and it stars the magnificent Kay Parker.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pfft there will only ever be one Taboo film I will watch, and it stars the magnificent Kay Parker.
I too have seen this and am okay if they were to bring it to television.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I don't think I've ever seen anyone command the presence that Tom Hardy does on the screen. I don't even care at this point if the rest of the series is a steaming pile of shit, I'd watch it just for him.

That said, I'm totally intrigued and hooked based on what I just watched.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Is it good, huh?! Holding off on watching it until the 10th (stupid fucking commitment I made).

I don't think I've ever seen anyone command the presence that Tom Hardy does on the screen. I don't even care at this point if the rest of the series is a steaming pile of shit, I'd watch it just for him.

Wondered if I was the only one that thought this, but I'm enthralled when he is on screen. I don't know if it's the British-stoicism or whatever (I don't even know what I am saying), but he kills it. Handsome fucking Bob ladies & gents.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Couldn't sleep last night so got out of bed at 2am to watch this. Wasn't really paying attention to it tbh

• 1Like

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Was really good. Agree with the Tom Hardy comments. When he wasn't on screen I was just waiting to see him again. Lots of intriguing bits, can't wait to the next episode.

That said, I thought the personality change of his step-sister towards the end was great.

• 1Like

Pizoi

Golden Squire
Couldn't remember where I knew the sister from, she's the ho that got Rob Stark killed.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched it last night, and while I feel like I have a bit of an idea what this is going to be about (didn't watch any trailers on purpose), I'd probably be happy if all that happened was Tom Hardy threatening people. God damn he's a scary looking motherfucker when he wants to be. I realize those crusty old men think they have all the power and are used to getting anything they want, but how do you not look at a guy like that and at least pause for a minute and consider what he might be capable of? I wanted to pee down my leg and he wasn't even threatening me!

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i feel like this is the show i have been waiting all my life for. Its fucking awesome. I goddamn love 1812 England, similar to Spartacus or Black Sails its just one of those periods where you were either a real man or a bitch. I'd probably be a bitch but goddamn do I love watching this shit on screen. The set design and costumes and cinematography are fantastic too, I'm completely immersed in the period right away with just small shit like how grimy people are, fucked up teeth, the food being made, the MASSIVE difference between the rich and everyone else, etc.

Can't wait for more episodes, on the one hand I sort of want to marathon through the entire season in one go because that will be amazing but on the other hand I want to watch now a new episode the second its available.

In my imagination this is the prequel to Mad Max, where James plays an immortal who is doomed to only thrive when humanity is at its worst.

I watched the UK version, does anyone know if the FX version aired the N word? That was a WHOAH moment when Mr. Husband said it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users