Temple Of The Dog mini-tour

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Pearl Jam News

Temple of the Dog ? the Seattle supergroup featuring Soundgarden?s Chris Cornell, Pearl Jam?s Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, and Mike McCready, and drummer Matt Cameron (who plays drums with both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam) ? has reunited and will tour for the first time ever since forming in 1990. The band will play five cities, Philadelphia, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle, in November.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
But I'm goin' hungreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'M GOIN' HUNGRAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY-AAAAAAAY-AYYYY

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
But I'm goin' hungreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'M GOIN' HUNGRAAAAAAA-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY-AAAAAAAY-AYYYY
This song came up on Spotify a few days ago, so I listened to the whole album. This is the only song I like on it.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Obligatory YouTube video. Not the full band but recent Chris Cornell. The guy can still sing.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Say Hello 2 Heaven, Call Me A Dog, Reach Down, All Night Thing - all great songs.

Love that entire album.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I love Soundgarden and Cornell, but I've always been very 'so so' on Pearl Jam. I don't dislike the song or this album, but I had not listened to it for years and found myself not really feeling it. That's all.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
I preferred Mother Love Bone above all bands mentioned in here. I know Temple of the Dog was formed in tribute of Andrew Wood's passing, which was a nice touch. Sucks because he died of an OD like a week before their debut album was going to be released. Apple album was amazingly good.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pearl Jam and their fans bought a new home for Andrew Woods mother | Consequence of Sound

Neat story.

Prior to forming Pearl Jam, Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament were members of Seattle grunge band Mother Love Bone alongside frontman Andrew Wood. The band was together for only two short years before Wood tragically died of a drug overdose just days before the release of their debut album. However, in the years since, Gossard and Ament have kept alive the spirit of Mother Love Bone, as they've frequently performed "Crown of Thorns" with Pearl Jam, and reunited with the other surviving members for a benefit concert in 2010.

Recently, Gossard and Ament got wind of the dire living conditions experienced by Wood's 70-year-old mother, Toni, and launched a fundraising campaign on her behalf. Together, the band and their fans raised over $75,000 for Toni, which she'll put towards replacing her house and landscaping for a garden.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I preferred Mother Love Bone above all bands mentioned in here. I know Temple of the Dog was formed in tribute of Andrew Wood's passing, which was a nice touch. Sucks because he died of an OD like a week before their debut album was going to be released. Apple album was amazingly good.
I've always maintained that if Wood could have kept his act together, Mother Love Bone would have been even bigger than Pearl Jam. That dude could just own a stage man.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So will they beef up the set with MLB songs? Pearl Jam does several but Cornell has only ever sang one or two.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'd hope so. I'd love to see Cornell sing Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns.

Also there are apparently 5-7 so far unreleased tracks from the TOTD recording sessions. They will be on a special edition re-release of that album.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Cornell's Higher Truth tour has like half the Dog album in the rotation. I had Hunger Strike, Say Hello to Heaven, and Wooden Jesus. Soundgarden did a couple also.

He really does love that album.