Terminator 2 3D (2017)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

Tagline: It's nothing personal.

Genre: Action, Thriller, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Robert Patrick, Edward Furlong, Michael Edwards, Joe Morton, Earl Boen, Jenette Goldstein, Xander Berkeley, S. Epatha Merkerson, Castulo Guerra, Danny Cooksey, Sven-Ole Thorsen, DeVaughn Nixon, Ken Gibbel, Robert Winley, Pete Schrum, Don Lake, Richard Vidan, Jim Palmer, Don Stanton, Dan Stanton, Colin Patrick Lynch, Nikki Cox, Tony Simotes, Abdul Salaam El Razzac, Mike Muscat, Dean Norris, Charles A. Tamburro, Terrence Evans, Denney Pierce, Mark Christopher Lawrence, Van Ling, Gerard G. Williams, Martin DeLuca, Scott Shaw, Joel Kramer, Richard Ruskin, Randy Walker, William Wisher Jr., Nancy Fish, Dalton Hamilton

Release: 1991-07-01

Runtime: 137

Plot: Nearly 10 years have passed since Sarah Connor was targeted for termination by a cyborg from the future. Now her son, John, the future leader of the resistance, is the target for a newer, more deadly terminator. Once again, the resistance has managed to send a protector back to attempt to save John and his mother Sarah.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why? I cant imagine the 3d will be worth it. Why not just re-release it as normal? Id go see it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty stoked, grew up on Arnie movies as a kid but never had a chance to see it at the cinema.
This is good news even if you dismiss the 3D aspect entirely.

To make this happen, they've gotten a 4K master and even brought the old Director of Photography Adam Greenberg - IMDb to help with the updated colour grading.

The 3D conversion is done by the same team that did Titanic, part of a studio he owns so I don't expect it to be terrible.

I'm hoping for a Bluray release that bundles 3D and non 3D together.

Interview for reference.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why? I cant imagine the 3d will be worth it. Why not just re-release it as normal? Id go see it.

This thread reminded me of the 3D Terminator show @ Universal Studios. It was fucking amazing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I loved this movie as a kid. I still remember collecting the Terminator 2 Trading Cards, that pretty much re-told the entire movie. Good shit, I'm looking forward to this. Imagine an Imax Terminator experience? That would blow away anything we remembered from our youth.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Cameron can make a thousand shitty Avatars and still have my undying loyalty. He gave us Terminator, T2 Aliens and True Lies.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah, I'll go and see this one, just to get to see one of the best action movies of all time at the cinema, for the 3rd time.

All you young guys "Oh, I was too young to see this when it came out" making me feel old. . . get off my lawn.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
If anyone is a huge terminator 2 fan, the 4K bluray collectors edition that comes with a pretty fucking cool endo skelly arm is on sale for $50 off, $120. Out Oct 4th or something
https://smile.amazon.com/Terminator-Judgment-Endoarm-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B0744872GF

71TaC-1UKJL._SL1500_.jpg

• 2Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
T2, theatrical cut, is probably the most perfect movie ever made. It may not be perfect, but out of every movie ever made in the history of man, it's the one most close to being perfect.

• 2Solidarity

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
T2 Furlong cut (out of the movie), sure. He's the only thing I can think of right now that ruins its perfection. He's one of them perfectly (!!) punchable faces.

• 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, I'll go and see this one, just to get to see one of the best action movies of all time at the cinema, for the 3rd time.

All you young guys "Oh, I was too young to see this when it came out" making me feel old. . . get off my lawn.
this
saw this a few times. i honestly dont know anyone my age that hasnt seen this movie in the theater when it came out. it was basically Star Wars of the 90s along with Jurassic Park.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
T2 is solid, not sure fucking with it is the way to go. 3D is gimmicky aids that isn't needed. 4k seems cool I guess, but why not just a normal re-release.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If anyone is a huge terminator 2 fan, the 4K bluray collectors edition that comes with a pretty fucking cool endo skelly arm is on sale for $50 off, $120. Out Oct 4th or something
https://smile.amazon.com/Terminator-Judgment-Endoarm-Collectors-Blu-ray/dp/B0744872GF

71TaC-1UKJL._SL1500_.jpg

Definitely buying this shit.

T2 Furlong cut (out of the movie), sure. He's the only thing I can think of right now that ruins its perfection. He's one of them perfectly (!!) punchable faces.

You're not my father, Todd!

I'm stoked for this. The remastered bluray (not the original) with uncompressed pcm audio, is frakkin beautiful and sounds amazing. 4K coming out gets my noodle wet.

Also, God bless Alamo Drafthouse, I've been able to see it in the theater, along with The Abyss, True Lies, and others, on their nice 4K screens.

Side note, most of the extended scenes are pure abortion fodder. Especially the scene where they pull his chip, and Sarah Connor almost flips her shit.

I've been a huge Terminator fan. Own all the movies, multiple copies of T2, and even enjoyed TSCC series, and was massively disappointed when they canceled it at the end of S2 when they finally got their legs. There was a lot wrong with the series, but Lena Headly was boss as Sarah, and Garret Dillahunt was fucking amazing as Cromartie.

We can all pretty much agree that T3 was complete garbage, and Genisys fucked itself by giving away the bad guy in the previews. Not that that would have made it any better, given they just regurgitated T2 (poorly). Also, fuck Matt Smith. He sucks at everything outside Dr. Who. And Khaleesi sucked as Sarah. John Connor was decent, and the only redeeming quality was the crazy JK Simmons character. Lastly, Jai Courtney needs to get fucked. He's absolute trash. That being said, I'm still curious to see what kind of travesty the next film in the series will be.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, this is one of my favourite action movies ever. As with many here I was too young to see it in the cinema, but saw the trailers on TV and envied the crap out of those old enough to see it. I was staying over at my friends house one night when his older sister went to watch it and we stayed up til she got back to tell us about it. I still remember being so envious when she told us the action started from like 5 seconds into the movie. Good times!

Still... why 3D?? :(

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
When is the release date on this? I see websites saying August 25th, but then I go to find showtimes and there's nothing. Is it a limited release?

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database