Thanksgiving (2023)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Thanksgiving (2023)

Tagline: There will be no leftovers.

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Mystery

Director: Eli Roth

Cast: Patrick Dempsey, Nell Verlaque, Addison Rae, Jalen Thomas Brooks, Milo Manheim, Rick Hoffman, Gina Gershon, Tomaso Sanelli, Gabriel Davenport, Jenna Warren, Karen Cliche, Jeff Teravainen, Jordan Poole, Joe Delfin, Ty Olsson, Mika Amonsen, Shailyn Griffin, Tim Dillon, Amanda Barker, Chris Sandiford, Derek McGrath, Lynne Griffin, James Goldman, Katherine Trowell, Russell Yuen, Joseph Claude Dubois, Xavier Sabeta, Adam MacDonald, Yusuf Zine, Dorian Giordano, Hailey Kittle, Andriah Bryan, Geoff Rutherford, Frank J. Zupancic, Tom Keat, Joe Bostick, Alexander Elliot, Nicholas Reynoldson, Andy Boorman, Neil Robles, Hannah Storey, Charlie Storey, Shiloh O’Reilly, Pat Smith, Carlisle J. Williams, Daniel Beiser-Hunt, Christopher Creamer, Nicholas DeCoulos, Shawn Gordon Fraser, Jake Gosden, Derek Herd, J. Timothy Hunt, Piret Jõgeda, Aaron J. La Fleur, Julie Leedes, James Magwood, Sylvain Plasse, Daniel Ryan-Astley, Erika Nonato

Release: 2023-11-16

Runtime: 106

Plot: After a Black Friday riot ends in tragedy, a mysterious Thanksgiving-inspired killer terrorizes Plymouth, Massachusetts - the birthplace of the holiday. Picking off residents one by one, what begins as random revenge killings are soon revealed to be part of a larger, sinister holiday plan.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the film. Typical Eli Roth horror. Really my only gripe about it is they changed the damn trampoline scene. It was much more brutal in the original trailer.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Mods. Delete both threads please. Damn link isn't working and double posted.

1000000185.gif

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
f5f3TEVst1nHHyqgn7Z3tlwnBIH.jpg

Title: Thanksgiving

Tagline: There will be no leftovers.

Genre: Horror, Thriller, Mystery

Director: Eli Roth

Cast: Patrick Dempsey, Nell Verlaque, Addison Rae, Jalen Thomas Brooks, Milo Manheim, Rick Hoffman, Gina Gershon, Tomaso Sanelli, Gabriel Davenport, Jenna Warren, Karen Cliche, Jeff Teravainen, Jordan Poole, Joe Delfin, Ty Olsson, Mika Amonsen, Shailyn Griffin, Tim Dillon, Amanda Barker, Chris Sandiford, Derek McGrath, Lynne Griffin, James Goldman, Katherine Trowell, Russell Yuen, Joseph Claude Dubois, Xavier Sabeta, Adam MacDonald, Yusuf Zine, Dorian Giordano, Hailey Kittle, Andriah Bryan, Geoff Rutherford, Frank J. Zupancic, Tom Keat, Joe Bostick, Alexander Elliot, Nicholas Reynoldson, Andy Boorman, Neil Robles, Hannah Storey, Charlie Storey, Shiloh O’Reilly, Pat Smith, Carlisle J. Williams, Daniel Beiser-Hunt, Christopher Creamer, Nicholas DeCoulos, Shawn Gordon Fraser, Jake Gosden, Derek Herd, J. Timothy Hunt, Piret Jõgeda, Aaron J. La Fleur, Julie Leedes, James Magwood, Sylvain Plasse, Daniel Ryan-Astley, Erika Nonato

Release: 2023-11-16

Runtime: 106

Plot: After a Black Friday riot ends in tragedy, a mysterious Thanksgiving-inspired killer terrorizes Plymouth, Massachusetts - the birthplace of the holiday. Picking off residents one by one, what begins as random revenge killings are soon revealed to be part of a larger, sinister holiday plan.

Cybsled

I enjoyed the film. Typical Eli Roth horror. Really my only gripe about it is they changed the damn trampoline scene. It was much more brutal in the original trailer.

They toned down a lot of stuff from the fake trailer vs. the movie itself. He probably knew the ratings board would have tried to slap it with a NC-17.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They toned down a lot of stuff from the fake trailer vs. the movie itself. He probably knew the ratings board would have tried to slap it with a NC-17.

As we discussed here in the past, what gets browbeat to NC-17 is a matter of Hollywood politics.

The ratings are complete bullshit. Stallone was slapped with NC-17 at first for a Rambo bodycount and "too much violence" that he had to cut twice because they counted every single on screen death and told him it's the most people killed on screen ever. That's serious nitpicking.

Meanwhile Nolan redefined PG-13 that same year.

They pick and choose who to give a hard time. I would guess Eli Roth is a guy they give a hard time.

Cybsled

As we discussed here in the past, what gets browbeat to NC-17 is a matter of Hollywood politics.

They probably treat female victims in horror movies differently also. The original trailer trampoline scene would have been "too sexual" for the ratings board I am guessing, although I could almost guarantee you they would have had 0 issue if it was a man on the trampoline. Same with the oven scene and victim being clothed vs. naked (or even implied naked)

But ya, the film ratings are completely arbitrary. It's also why most of the anti-obscenity bills in some of those states that have them or have people trying to pass them are also arbitrary and bullshit since they very vaguely define what constitutes obscene, which allows them to arbitrarily toss an obscene label on something when it suits them.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database