The Al`kabor Project (EQMac) - PoP 1/5

Uzi_sl

shitlord
from post in june: (not too sure what 70% of active players means but whatever)

What is available to play?
On release it will be original classic content, Cabilis (E and W), Shar Vahl, FoB, Shadeweavers, PoKnowledge. Fearplane and Airplane are considered part of the progression and will not be available until Naggy, Vox and Phinny are killed by 70% of the active population. Also the content must be ready to release as well. So there could be a period of time that the server is ready to progress, but content is not ready. (Active population is defined by all toons/accounts active in an undisclosed period of time.)

ili_sl

shitlord
Will the Box of Abu-Kar, Manastone and the other removed stuff be obtainable and from the original locations?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will the Box of Abu-Kar, Manastone and the other removed stuff be obtainable and from the original locations?
Regarding the Box of Abu-Kar, unless you really want the weight reduction, have access to Deluxe Toolboxes (10 slot / Giant capacity) for ~1p from a PoK vendor.

PoK also makes spells fairly trivial to attain for all caster classes.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would honestly drop my P99 toon if they made this server with a no boxing rule. Or at most, limit it to a 2 box.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, which means that people can basically solo (3 box) play whatever camps they want. Kills community bigtime.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else having a issue with mouselook? When I look left/right mouselook is very slow in 1st person perspective. Also is mousewheel scroll disabled in this client?
You need to get a frame rate limiter. If you have an Nvidia card, you can use Nvidia Inspector. Otherwise I recommend MSI afterburner (works with non-MSI cards). Dxtory also works. If you don't use a frame rate limiter, your client will render the game at ridiculously high frame rates, like 500+.

Torrid,

I should still have all my logs from The resistance/TSE/Temerity raids and group play, do you still need this or has it already been covered?
No, it's not covered. Yes I want them (please). I'm having a very difficult time getting people to give me logs. I have personal logs of most encounters, and most have remained unchanged on Live, but certain encounters I very much need data on. Things like Innoruuk/old hate, Acrylia Caverns, old Vulak etc. Also some more mundane things like city guard damages I have nothing on.

Again if chat text privacy is a concern for anyone, I have made a small script that does a good job removing it and preserving virtually everything else. See the link in my previous post or PM me for any questions.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yep, which means that people can basically solo (3 box) play whatever camps they want. Kills community bigtime.
Look dude. Most of these emu boxes are not trying to make a "community". All the p99 nerds do not seem to realize this. You could box infinity on eq mac. 3 is just enough to exp and farm basic gear and maybe....maybe... get a kunark dragon down. Unless you throw macroquest on the boxing in a raid is just the worst. The problem with these emu boxes is one or two guilds will come in , curb stomp content and quit.

Herv_sl

shitlord
Well, I have NFC what the admins want for their server but AK didn't have anything like that besides GM handouts that I can recall. I only played the last year on AK so I could be totally wrong.

e: Totally forgot the name of the OSX launcher I used on AK to run two accounts on a single machine.

Lenas can you hook me up with the name of that app again, or is there something else to use nowadays? Going to run 2 chars on an imac and 3rd on a macbook.

Thanks

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, the server isn't being deployed like EQ Mac either. It is progression of some sort starting with original vanilla Old World zones (plus a couple extras), which makes the original rares a valid question.

EQ Mac server opened in 2003 for PoP, so all those old world rares were long since nerfed.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Lenas can you hook me up with the name of that app again, or is there something else to use nowadays? Going to run 2 chars on an imac and 3rd on a macbook
You are probably taking about Launcherfrien, but I don't have a link.

ili_sl

shitlord
which makes the original rares a valid question.
Yah. To me those rares are nostalgic. Just like camping Najena for jboots. I only played EQ from beta to a few months into Kunark, then sold my full banana bard for around $1500.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Server's live as of right now, just in case you were wondering. No more wipes from this point onwards.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
you know, i do agree with Jysin that a 2-box limit would be more community-friendly than a 3-box limit.

i think the fact that the poll was mostly responded to by alpha-testers skewed the results.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I am getting about 3-12% packet loss to server. No idea if it is just me?

Also, what the fuck is up with this ghetto version of the windowed launcher? Can't we use a normal version of WinEQ? This is horrible.

korzax_sl

shitlord
I was going to give this a go, but for some reason my second account keeps getting disconnected with exceptions. Going back to Imperium, they use a more modern, less bug prone client.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jyson - Enchanter
Adoria - Cleric
Hadan - Druid

I wish this EQW client wasn't such a piece of shit. If you can get WinEQ2 working for P99 client, I am sure it can be done here. The stuck cursor, window resizing / movement, etc are all a pain in the dick to deal with.