The Best and Worst States in the Union: Many Metrics

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Opinions on the best and worst states in the Union? Please provide data/metrics to support your opinion.

For me the worst state, despite producing many fine shitposters is WVa. Literally the dumbest mother fuckers in the Union in 2017.

2017’s Most & Least Educated States

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I don't know where I rank nationally but I can compare my state to it's neighbor, The Democratic People's Collective of Illinois. It's our Venezuela.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
% trump voters is the only metric needed

No. 1 wyoming
No. 2 WV
No. 3 north Dakota

The rest can go to mexico imo

• 3Salty
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like Mississippi is always the biggest shit hole when you get down to numbers.

They have terrible schools, tons of fat people, lots of dumb ones. I don't feel like the state has too much going for it.

• 1Like

Picasso3

It's amazing WV manages to be lowest in college experience and bachelors degrees when we have had a full ride to in-state schools if you get over like a 23 on the act for the last 15 years.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It's amazing WV manages to be lowest in college experience and bachelors degrees when we have had a full ride to in-state schools if you get over like a 23 on the act for the last 15 years.
That's why there is that program. It's cheap for them to offer.

• 2Like

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I didn't even take the ACT. I didn't need to go to some fucking liberal commie Marx factory university to learn how to dig coal.

• 1Like

OneofOne

California is #29 in education. Not surprised. Ex worked at a school district, and white flight is real. Far too many schools with kids who can't speak English, and classes going at a snail's pace to try and make sure they can keep up.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
In the south a lot of whites do not go to public school. Either private or private/catholic school which skews the results of public education. In Baton Rouge the catholic schools are semi public, they get to ride public school buses but they attend a private school paid for by them and get to compete in football/sports against public schools. In recent years they've seen a large moving toward other private schools but it used to be all catholic.

My parents live f MS outisde of town. In town no whites attend the public school there or in small quantities. The private school is huge. Same school Brittney Spears went to, she's from LA but drove across the state line to attend the private school which is 99.5% white.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, it always really confuses me how they judge education metrics and then just leave out non-public education. If you're trying to determine how states are doing at their education jobs, sure, do that. If you're trying to determine how educated a population group is and only take the easiest-to-collect sample and call it quits? Fuck off.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yeah, it always really confuses me how they judge education metrics and then just leave out non-public education. If you're trying to determine how states are doing at their education jobs, sure, do that. If you're trying to determine how educated a population group is and only take the easiest-to-collect sample and call it quits? Fuck off.
Are you saying WVa is not as bad because private schools? Guess what, MA, CT and all the other top states have amazing private schools too

• 1Like