The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
Barring any issues PS4 firmware 4.50 should be releasing tomorrow, adds external USB3 drive support and native overclocking of older games on PS4 Pro. Also has some fixes for PSVR.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just hope they have improved on the Pro overclocking since the first tests were done. Better framerates at the cost of even worse frame-pacing is an awful tradeoff.

spronk

FPS noob
just a reminder target running b2g1f, could do Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, and something else like Ghost Recon Wildlands, Yakuza 0, or a second copy of HZD/Nier for a friend. Ends up being $40/game which is a great deal.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I saw the Target promo yesterday in store. I dont know if its just my Target but they keep very low inventory on video games.

Not at home, but I checked this morning on the 4.50 update and nothing. Anything today yet? Very interested in the PRO overclocking options...

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I saw the Target promo yesterday in store. I dont know if its just my Target but they keep very low inventory on video games.

Not at home, but I checked this morning on the 4.50 update and nothing. Anything today yet? Very interested in the PRO overclocking options...

My Target is the same. B2G1 is useless for newer games around here because of it.

I have the 4.5 beta, what overclocking options do you mean? As far as I know it just has boost mode that unlocks the power for non pro-enabled games.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
My Target is the same. B2G1 is useless for newer games around here because of it.

I have the 4.5 beta, what overclocking options do you mean? As far as I know it just has boost mode that unlocks the power for non pro-enabled games.

Sorry, boost mode is what I was referring too.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Boost mode is pretty cool. It makes games like AC: Unity and Just Cause 3 actually playable and keeps other games at a more stable fps.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
my jboots feel slower

why does the HBO Go app on ps4 suck so much ass. constant rebuffering on wifi (cant hardwire)

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I would guess the problem is the PS4 wifi - unless you have a pro. Wifi on PS4 is notoriously terrible.

You say you can't wire, but I'd start thinking about it. Put a 10 port switch behind your entertainment center and run one wire to that. Cable all devices from that point. Life becomes so much easier.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hah actually you gave me an idea there. I forgot they drilled a hole in my floors to run cable from my office to the living room

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I ran ethernet all up in my attic to wire my house. It was the worst. My attic is really a crawlspace, and it's about 12,000 degrees up there. That said, I'm glad I did it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ours is a cape so we have a crawlspace on only the front side of the house as our attic. Also the only entry is in my son's room

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have two holes in my hardwood. One has cable going to the cable modem and the other is where the living room Tv is. I can just run Ethernet through the floor

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have two holes in my hardwood. One has cable going to the cable modem and the other is where the living room Tv is. I can just run Ethernet through the floor
Lucky. I want to run cable in the rental house I'm in, but can't run it under the floors, as it's a single story, and I have attic access, but who wants a nasty ass cable just popping out of the ceiling? I suppose I could try and see if the attic gives me access to the wall, and try and run it down the wall.