The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So remember that PSN promo in February - spend $100 and get a coupon for $15?

Yeah... Where is that? Am I missing something?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So remember that PSN promo in February - spend $100 and get a coupon for $15?

Yeah... Where is that? Am I missing something?
"You will receive the redemption Code on or before March 14th, 2017 via XMB message on PS3™, system notification on PS4™, PS Vita™, or the email account used to set up your Account Sign-in ID."

It expires on the 31st, so if you haven't received it yet you'd better get ahold of them soon or it will be a pain in the ass to sort out.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
"You will receive the redemption Code on or before March 14th, 2017 via XMB message on PS3™, system notification on PS4™, PS Vita™, or the email account used to set up your Account Sign-in ID."

It expires on the 31st, so if you haven't received it yet you'd better get ahold of them soon or it will be a pain in the ass to sort out.

Found it. Was looking in email like a normal human would, and it was in my notifications.

Thanks man.

Vorph

Nioh is on sale on PS Store (NA) for $40 until tomorrow at 1PM EDT.

There's also a flash sale from now through Monday. Nothing terribly exciting though unless you've been desperately waiting for a sale on FarCry Primal or Evil Within.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
in addition to the flash sale and Only on PSN sale
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALE17LP
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/only-on-playstation-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FRANCHSALEGAMEG

there is a 20% discount code going out right now good until 3/31 for PSN sales, its unique per user. You only get it if you have subscribed to playstation communications. It looks like this in email:
C7urSP7V4AEI8Fj.jpg

Nioh + season pass for $41 is sorta tempting. Until dawn @ $8, GOW3 @ 4.80, etc are no brainers if you haven't played them

spronk

FPS noob
bit of a surprise in the mail, i forgot I had pre ordered kingdom hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD remaster, came in from best buy. small little 1.02 patch update, looks like six games/videos are runnable from the main menu. I've never really played a kingdom hearts game before but I love Disney chars so should be fun, I think.

huge destiny update today too, they updated the old raids to drop current loot and updated some of the mechanics too I guess, a big 7 gig update is downloading now

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Current PSPlus deals look pretty great, and I have a 20% off coupon. What do you guys think I should pull the trigger on? All below prices are CAD with my coupon included. I might just buy them all even though that would be super dumb.

Steep for $32: is this any fun? I like more arcadey/stunt focused snowboarding games rather than realistic.

Deus Ex for $19: I haven't played previous entries. Worth it?

Ark for $44: My playtime is sporadic. Is this any fun solo as a survival game? Or will I just get stomped daily.

For Honor for $51: Did I miss the boat?

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
i'll buy a scorpio at launch, hopefully trade in my xbox one S for a small bump. I'm not super excited about it, but it'll make every xbox game better so why not. Its nice it'll also improve BC games from 360. I'll slowly switch my preferred platform over to xbox from PS4 probably, although many games still have exclusives that make PS4 better - for example, Destiny 2 will have a few strikes and gear items exclusive to PS4 for a year (?), so I'll stick with that probably. Unless Activision announces that Destiny 2 players on PC and xbone share the same database, so you can play on either one and use the same characters. That would be awesome.

For games in the future though, unless Sony announces a PS5 or something at E3, i'll probably migrate newer games to Xbox assuming all things are equal. Better controller (elite), 2-3x power of PS4 Pro, EA Access giving nice benefits, and upcoming xbox game pass might be nice. I don't really see scorpio though attracting NEW people to the xbox platform, just getting people who already have an xbox a reason to stay with it.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I just don't see whose going to buy the Scorpio outside of hardcore Xbox fans. They lost a lot of exclusives this year and the ones they have remaining won't even be truly exclusive going forward - it will all be coming out on PC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, pretty good stuff all around. I'll have nearly 200 games in this ecosystem that will all be boosted by the Scorpio day 1, looking forward to it.

Vorph

Scorpio is impressive hardware for a console, but why should I care about it when their library is a joke and whatever they do have is going to be on Windows too? Scalebound was the only exclusive I was really looking forward to and they couldn't even manage to do that one thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
I will not be purchasing a new console unless it's an actual new console and not updated hardware that plays the same games as the Xboner/PS4. Playing at slightly higher fps and resolution is nice and all, but at the end of the day it's still the same games. If I wanted to play them with better graphics and refresh rate I'd play on PC (assuming it's available). Combine this with the fact that a) I don't own any 4k displays and b) 4k gaming still isn't viable outside of extremely high end PC hardware, I just don't see the point in me wasting my money.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lots of speculation obviously. Scorpio has already been stated to be a high end cost/price console which may price themselves out of the market. From a consumer stand point, if it is $799+, buy a gaming PC and play any Microsoft exclusive worth a shit on Cross play with PC/Stream it to your living room and buy Steam. The improvements made on previous 360/Xbox One titles unpatched sounds better than what it is. "Hey guys, our last system sucked. So now you can play Mass Effect Andromeda at 900p30 instead of 900pFrame rate all over the board."

So it is going to depend on what this will be priced at. If a competing PC can be purchased around the same price point, anyone who knows their head from their ass will just upgrade/purchase a gaming PC.

Microsoft screwed the pooch not only on the latest Xbox One (Although the S is a good value if you need a 4k player and have the set up), but they also fell down astronomically with their IP's. Halo 5 was a shit show,. GoW4 was just as bad. Recore was the epitome of shit. I loved Quantum break, but a lot of folks didn't.

So it is going to depend on price point. And lately, Microsoft has been to behind the times with everything else they are doing within their bloated organization I cannot see them snapping out of it any time soon.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Lots of speculation obviously. Scorpio has already been stated to be a high end cost/price console which may price themselves out of the market. From a consumer stand point, if it is $799+, buy a gaming PC and play any Microsoft exclusive worth a shit on Cross play with PC/Stream it to your living room and buy Steam. The improvements made on previous 360/Xbox One titles unpatched sounds better than what it is. "Hey guys, our last system sucked. So now you can play Mass Effect Andromeda at 900p30 instead of 900pFrame rate all over the board."

So it is going to depend on what this will be priced at. If a competing PC can be purchased around the same price point, anyone who knows their head from their ass will just upgrade/purchase a gaming PC.

Microsoft screwed the pooch not only on the latest Xbox One (Although the S is a good value if you need a 4k player and have the set up), but they also fell down astronomically with their IP's. Halo 5 was a shit show,. GoW4 was just as bad. Recore was the epitome of shit. I loved Quantum break, but a lot of folks didn't.

So it is going to depend on price point. And lately, Microsoft has been to behind the times with everything else they are doing within their bloated organization I cannot see them snapping out of it any time soon.

DF speculates it'll be $499.