The Expanse

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
You have to put a good chunk of blame on Syfy for that with the fucked up way they aired the show.

This keeps coming up. Can we change title to The Expanse - The best show Syfy forgot to to tell you about

Syfy has been supporting their new shows and have been renewing (Dark Matter, Killjoys, Wynnona Earp, etc.). I believe that they are very invested in this show. If not, Netflix would be stupid not to pick it up and continue it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The first season of Expanse is being added to Amazon Prime on the 14th, so hopefully that will give it some more exposure. The potential downside of this, however, is that depending on how long Amazon has exclusive rights could dissuade Netflix from picking up the show if Syfy drops it (see: Hannibal).

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The first season of Expanse is being added to Amazon Prime on the 14th, so hopefully that will give it some more exposure. The potential downside of this, however, is that depending on how long Amazon has exclusive rights could dissuade Netflix from picking up the show if Syfy drops it (see: Hannibal).
It's already on Netflix, but exclusivity clauses means no Netflix US/CA/NZ.

PS: Book is on its way across the pond, have to wait now... :(

• 1Like

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's already on Netflix, but exclusivity clauses means no Netflix US/CA/NZ.

PS: Book is on its way across the pond, have to wait now... :(

Right. It's not on Netflix in North America because Amazon has exclusive rights for streaming in that region. That means, should The Expanse be cancelled, it makes it less likely Netflix would be interested in continuing it. If Syfy cancels it after this season, Netflix could do a third season, but they'd basically have to tell people in their two largest markets to subscribe to their competitor if they want to see the show from the beginning.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
season 2 starts Feb 1st with a double episode. Amazon is streaming the first season in 4k by the way, I downloaded the entire first season and gonna re-watch sometime soon

also Black Sails season 4 aka final season begins the 29th, this sunday

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
finished a rewatch of season in 4k from amazon, it was pretty awesome. Unfortunately the source material CGI is all at 1080p so the 4k's were upscales not true 4k source, so you'll never see 4k UHds of the show or anything. Still a great rewatch.

Remember its a DOUBLE episode tonight.

I listened to a podcast the other day and the guest was the showrunner of The Expanse, found out he was college friends with Ron Moore (BSG), worked as a writer on TNG for 4 seasons, worked as a writer on Farscape, and was the showrunner for CSI for years before doing the Expanse. Also had a PhD in physics from Cornell. Pretty cool guy and he was very excited about season 2, it'll be 13 episodes (3 more than season 1). Hopefully a lot of people watch to get an early season 3 confirmed.
The Secret Weapon of ‘The Expanse’? Actual Science

Exclusive Preview: The Expanse: Origins #1 comic tie-in

XQlP8Ba.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
holy shit that was an amazing 2 hours of TV, that space battle was one of the best space battles I've ever seen. When they showed those orange streaks I was thinking "wtf is that... wait a second... are those fucking rail gun trails going THROUGH the ship? HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME"

I forgot how awesome a character Miller is, just that look he gives Fred at the end...

So many good actors on this show, its amazing to watch Avasarala. She reminds me a lot of a snake as the black fleet commander said, you can't just help but be mesmerized by her eyes when she on screen. They really, really lucked out in getting that actress on board the show.

Also the spy that Avasarala is using is Asher from Spartacus.

Top show of 2017 so far.

Oh, one of the two authors of The Expanse book (and TV now) series says the Mass Effect 3 ending was terrible. ONE OF US
Expanse writer says the ending of Mass Effect 3 was 'f***ing terrible' | PC Gamer

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
holy shit that was an amazing 2 hours of TV, that space battle was one of the best space battles I've ever seen. When they showed those orange streaks I was thinking "wtf is that... wait a second... are those fucking rail gun trails going THROUGH the ship? HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME"

Just to be nerdy, pretty sure those were PDC rounds going through the ship. One railgun shot, much less multiples, would probably be enough to take out a corvette like the Roci.

Oh, and yeah, great first ep for the season.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The rounds flying through the ship like it was a tin can riddled with buckshot was fucking amazing. That was without a doubt the most accurate view of what combat in space will truly be like.

The caliber of actors they got for this show continues to amaze me. I recognized half of gunny's squad from other good productions and even the incidental characters are being played by great character actors from all over the globe.

Get the word out, people need to be watching this show!!

• 1Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The set design and props on this show are just amazing. I loved like everyone else the ship combat and the act of depressurizing the ship before combat. ScyFy sure did get it's shit together.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Ukerric must have a huge dick if his main entertainment-room TV is 44"... One of my best friends was just bemoaning his choice of a 93" screen for his home theater rather than a 105"

• 1Like

Cybsled

Awesome intro. Hope this series gets plenty of ratings love so they continue to make it. It has been a long time since there has been a worthy successor to BSG in terms of space shows.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
the live ratings for the premiere are pretty bad (700k viewers) but hopefully +7 DVR numbers and streaming make it better

magicians had slightly better ratings at 900k

• 1Like