The Gentlemen

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Finished the show, I enjoyed it especially the cast and dialogue but I thought the plot and arcs were kinda meh. Casting Giancarlo Esposito as a bad guy was a terrible decision, zero surprise at anything about his character, he's just playing the same character now in every single goddamn thing.

I thought the ending was kinda shit, I don't believe for a single second there would be zero blowback from some real heavy hitting country cartels or either of the big two wouldn't just take over everything and kill everyone. The whole show felt like kids playing pretend gangster for a lot of it. Some of the side plots were incredibly stupid like how retarded Jimmy is or why the Jesus gang would take any amount of money/power over family revenge.

Still, it was fun to watch and it'll be cool to watch the movie right after this, to see a different side of the story. I have a feeling the movie will be way better. The two main leads, the Duke and Susie, were both fantastic and really carried the show and Freddy was fun in a "how is this idiot still alive" way. It'll be interesting to see what Theo James does next.

Show has very good ratings so you'd think its an easy lock for renewal but the star says they haven't had any discussions on what a season 2 story could be
I agree. I really enjoyed the show up until they started wrapping everything up. I just didn’t buy it. All of a sudden he does a complete 180 (as does his entire family) after his brother tells him one story from their childhood?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users