The Goldbergs

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Goldbergs

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2013-09-24

Creator: Adam F. Goldberg

Cast: Troy Gentile, Jeff Garlin, George Segal, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Hayley Orrantia, Sean Giambrone

Overview: Before there were parenting blogs, trophies for showing up, and peanut allergies, there was a simpler time called the '80s. For geeky 11-year old Adam these were his wonder years and he faced them armed with a video camera to capture all the crazy. The Goldbergs are a loving family like any other, just with a lot more yelling.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 125951[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Goldbergs[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2013-09-24[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Before there were parenting blogs, trophies for showing up, and peanut allergies, there was a simpler time called the '80s. For geeky 11-year old Adam these were his wonder years and he faced them armed with a video camera to capture all the crazy. The Goldbergs are a loving family like any other, just with a lot more yelling.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

So new show, it's basically the Wonder Years. It's set in the 80's and Patton Oswalt is the narrator, aside from that it really is the same show. 1 episode in it's doing a pretty good job with the formula. Will never be hilarious like the meaner comedies, but if they keep it up it will be a good family show like The Middle.

I pretty much DVR the first episode of almost every new sitcom to give them all a chance. I hadn't even heard of this one before seeing it on the schedule, so it was a pleasant surprise. Dads went the other way, that shit is horrible.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I barely laughed when I watched the pilot for this. I think the show tries too hard to be 80's whereas with the Wonder Years it had a real charm to it that wasn't forced.

Sumorex

Molten Core Raider
I felt like this was a string of boring character archetypes reacting in wholly expected and boring ways to the same old situations. Even the attempts to generate nostalgic warmth were forced (Voltron on the desk in the background) and uninspiring. I found the constant narration a distraction, but at least the show didn't have a laugh track!

The one bright spot for me was George Segal. While his character wasn't anything "new" in the genre, he played it with an endearing charm. He's the only reason I'm going to give this show another episode to hook me.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
the only thing i liked about this show was the credits, and how they showed the original 80's VHS recordings with what they are trying to recreate... those were actually better then this forced comedy of a show.

Siliconemelons

the cafe scene talking about boobs was great. The dad and brother are a bit to over to top, the 2nd episode calmed them down a bit.

wonder years is fucking depressing, even as a kid I found watching it depressing... Now my wife watches it on netflix I still find it oddly disettleling and depressing.

spronk

FPS noob
show got renewed, finale was fucking awesome with Living on a Prayer closing it out - my teenage anthem.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Show still good.

My sister-in-law watched one with me and instantly recognized that Barry was the actor who played young Jack Black in Pick of Destiny.

tenaciousd-kickapoo.jpg

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the show is pretty damn funny, whoever cast Barry the older brother gets a lot of credit he is so over the top ridiculous it is hilarious.

Brad2770

What makes this show good is the nostalgia and it's consistency. Barry's run kills me every time. If you grew up in the 80's, I don't see how you can't like this.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I always smile when he gives the date and says 1980 something.

Show is like fresh off the boat except FOB is set in the 90's. Goldbergs generally does a better job.

Siliconemelons

The dinner episode was awesome and true to my life. This seasons been great...

Then...we get a random black person version? Why...they attempting a spin off? February BHM so we make a black episode? They have empire and other shit shows...

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just started binging this show. Its so damn funny. Wendy McLendon-Covey is hilarious as always. I didnt even recognize Barry was the fat kid in Drillbit Taylor. Im sure the final season is pretty lame without Garlin in it though.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database