The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
3.25 star(s) Rating: 3.25/5 4 Votes
Title: The Hitman's Bodyguard

Genre: Action, Comedy

Director: Patrick Hughes

Cast: Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Salma Hayek, Élodie Yung, Joaquim de Almeida, Kirsty Mitchell, Richard E. Grant, Yuri Kolokolnikov, Sam Hazeldine, Mikhail Gorevoy, Barry Atsma, Georgie Glen, Tine Joustra, Joséphine de la Baume, Rod Hallett, Abbey Hoes, Ori Pfeffer

Release: 2017-08-18

Plot: The world's top bodyguard gets a new client, a hit man who must testify at the International Court of Justice. They must put their differences aside and work together to make it to the trial on time.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
the trailer in the TMDB inserted crap isn't the trailer for the movie, i don't think gary oldman is in this movie

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I have a man crush on Ryan Renolds. He has amazing comedy chops.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ha. The picture on the front of the trailer looked really dumb, but you guys convinced me to watch it. This does look pretty good.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This movie was utter fucking garbage. Its someone's stereotypical liberal hollywood cuck fantasy come to life. Ryan Reynolds is shown to be an incompetent moron who cant do anything right and has to have his hand held by Sam Jackson. Gets called a pussy because he does pussy shit like wear seat belts. It even goes as far as to have a Samuel tell Ryan that he has a bigger dick than him. I can only imagine the writer was watching his wife get railed by 10 mandingos while writing this shit.

Aside from the stereotypical hollywood cuckoldry, movie is just dumb. 95% of the comedy is painfully forced, Samuel L Jackson even though he is about to be 69 irl is shown to have the agility and stamina of a 20 year old, that even gun shot wounds a like paper cuts. The bad guys were so horribly ineffective that prequel battle droids would have more effective bad guys than them. Half the dialogue just consists of Jackson saying motherfucker.

Only redeeming thing about this pile of shit is I didnt pay to see it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie was utter fucking garbage. Its someone's stereotypical liberal hollywood cuck fantasy come to life. Ryan Reynolds is shown to be an incompetent moron who cant do anything right and has to have his hand held by Sam Jackson. Gets called a pussy because he does pussy shit like wear seat belts. It even goes as far as to have a Samuel tell Ryan that he has a bigger dick than him. I can only imagine the writer was watching his wife get railed by 10 mandingos while writing this shit.

Aside from the stereotypical hollywood cuckoldry, movie is just dumb. 95% of the comedy is painfully forced, Samuel L Jackson even though he is about to be 69 irl is shown to have the agility and stamina of a 20 year old, that even gun shot wounds a like paper cuts. The bad guys were so horribly ineffective that prequel battle droids would have more effective bad guys than them. Half the dialogue just consists of Jackson saying motherfucker.

Only redeeming thing about this pile of shit is I didnt pay to see it.

So in other words, you went to see it without watching a single trailer? How could you see the trailers and NOT know that was going to be the running gag/theme of the movie?

Ladro

Anomaly
Saw this yesterday, didn't think it was terrible but it wasn't amazing either. It was a very competent buddy movie starring stereotyped personalities that had some entertaining moments in it. Sam Jackson was Sam Jackson and Ryan Reynolds was Ryan Reynolds, If that's not your thing I can see how it could get old but overall we had fun with it. It was better than The Mummy at least...

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its not that ryan is incompetent. He is hyper competent at the one thing he really does well which is protecting people. I found this movie to much much funnier than I expected going into it.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database