The Invitation (2015)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: The Invitation (2015)

Tagline: There is nothing to be afraid of.

Genre: Thriller

Director: Karyn Kusama

Cast: Logan Marshall-Green, Tammy Blanchard, John Carroll Lynch, Michiel Huisman, Lindsay Burdge, Emayatzy Corinealdi, Mike Doyle, Jay Larson, Michelle Krusiec, Karl Yune, Jordi Vilasuso, Marieh Delfino, Toby Huss, Aiden Lovekamp, Danielle Camastra, Trish Gates

Release: 2015-08-05

Runtime: 100

Plot: Will and his new girlfriend Kira are invited to a dinner with old friends at the house of Will’s ex Eden and her new partner David. Although the evening appears to be relaxed, Will soon gets a creeping suspicion that their charming host David is up to something.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just finished this instead of sleeping. Really enjoyed this. The premise is an ex-couple reunite with friends and each other and cope with the loss of their son in different ways. It's a horror film, slow burner, in a similar vein as The Rental, but this was much better done. Honestly, most of it is predictable, but it's still a fun journey and in my opinion better than a lot of horror out there. I think the ones like this, where it could really happen, are much more enjoyable that ones with spirits, demons, etc, unless they are absolutely fantastic (ie, Hereditary).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it was not bad, not bad. They did a good job making the main dude a complete dick face. Sure things were kind of creepy and strange, and he was dealing with the whole going in to an uncomfortable situation. But still, he kind of was a total ass. Did it add to the movie? Maybe. It isn't particularly spoilerish because there isn't really anything they're trying to sell here to spoil. Not to me at least. But anyways, yeah. Good rec. I give it a "watchable"/10.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I personally loved this movie and highly recommend it. I've seen it a few times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This was definitely a solid movie. Got fantastic reviews, and it was pretty fucking solid.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watched this tonight, my heart can barely take it. Tense shit.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I caught this and The Rental based on this thread and I wish I could mush the two films together. The Invitation was a far better written film with much better acting but the violence was nowhere near as interesting as it was in The Rental.

Still good though.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database