The Mandela Effect

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Not sure if Mandela effect but...

I just learned that Americans use their fork in the right hand, then switch it to the left and pick up the knife in the right to cut.

Er... what the fuck!? How have I not heard of this in 37 years!?

In Europe we just have the fork in the left hand permanently and the knife in the right hand permanently.

Why would you switch hands.

learn2etiquette, jogger

Love how Chris Chris is getting shown how to use a knife and fork correctly by these fine, upstanding, future citizens

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if Mandela effect but...

I just learned that Americans use their fork in the right hand, then switch it to the left and pick up the knife in the right to cut.

Er... what the fuck!? How have I not heard of this in 37 years!?

In Europe we just have the fork in the left hand permanently and the knife in the right hand permanently.

Why would you switch hands.
This is true. I was born in the US but lived in Germany for most of my formative years and I still eat without switching hands. It strikes me as weird when I see people doing it quite a lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
This is true. I was born in the US but lived in Germany for most of my formative years and I still eat without switching hands. It strikes me as weird when I see people doing it quite a lot.
Then apparently a lot of Americans cut up all of their food first so they don't need to switch?

Sometimes the knife is just good to slide food onto the fork for things you can't stab with the fork. Are they using spoons for that?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Then apparently a lot of Americans cut up all of their food first so they don't need to switch?

Sometimes the knife is just good to slide food onto the fork for things you can't stab with the fork. Are they using spoons for that?
No. You just need to become more dextrous with a fork. Maybe if you put it in your right hand?

Chris

Potato del Grande
No. You just need to become more dextrous with a fork. Maybe if you put it in your right hand?
It's the physics pushing peas around your plate and they roll away. Yeah you can get some each time, but it's more efficient to form a barrier to stop them rolling and get all of them.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's the physics pushing peas around your plate and they roll away. Yeah you can get some each time, but it's more efficient to form a barrier to stop them rolling and get all of them.
The proper way to prevent this is to put an even layer of American Cheese over your entire plate and then microwave it for 45 seconds. Then all food will be fixed in place and you won't need to resort to barbaric knives when eating.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The proper way to prevent this is to put an even layer of American Cheese over your entire plate and then microwave it for 45 seconds. Then all food will be fixed in place and you won't need to resort to barbaric knives when eating.
Genius.