The Order: 1886

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'd have to agree. I just got done with it and I'm shocked at the reviews it got. Hardly a terrible game. Easily a 7 or 8.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Same. If it wasn't a PS exclusive I predict it would have gotten around a 7.5-8 average.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Arguing overall numbers are kinda silly though. What about the reviews are wrong? Replayability? Issues with the story? Length of the game? Auto-fail QTEs and their general prevalence? Watching vs playing? Lack of depth w/ the gameplay? Don't really see exclusivity being the reason, releasing on Xbox One and PC wouldn't have fixed any of those things.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Arguing overall numbers are kinda silly though. What about the reviews are wrong? Replayability? Issues with the story? Length of the game? Auto-fail QTEs and their general prevalence? Watching vs playing? Lack of depth w/ the gameplay? Don't really see exclusivity being the reason, releasing on Xbox One and PC wouldn't have fixed any of those things.
Almost all of those were overblown.

Replayability - yes, there isn't any, but this definitely isn't exclusive to this game.

Issues with the story - what game has a perfect story? Most people really like the setting and parts of the story but agree they could have done better. Haven't really seen anyone say it is bad.

QTEs - probably the most ridiculous complaint. The game is probably like 2% QTEs

Cutscenes - really comes down to length of game, the cutscenes were fine they just needed more gameplay between them.

Gameplay depth - no real complaints other than its not new. Should give every FPS the same score then.

If this wasn't hyped as a PS4 exclusive that was going to set the ps4 apart from xbone, the overall reviews wouldn't have been nearly as bad. I'm not saying it's a great game, but it's not as bad as the score it got.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Metacritic:
Assassin's Creed Unity 70-73
The Order: 1886 63

Yes, it got fucked up reviews - /drops_mic

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sim city has a higher critic score. You know, that game that was literally unplayable at launch?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It didn't help matters when everyone on the PS4 platform is getting shafted with shit games (Aside from Bloodborne). 50,000 remasters we have all played to death, games like $60 DLC for BF4 with Hardline, Games like Evolve which is a travesty of missing content, Destiny being cut to shreds to be sold as DLC down the line... Then you have this game - a $60.00 shitty cover shooter with autofail QTE's with a storyline that doesn't make any sense at all and the cool parts they could have expanded upon, they didn't - in a non-replayable short run movie.

People are getting tired of this shit.

Than you have Bloodborne. And everything is finally back to where it should be.

spronk

FPS noob
not everything revolves around you, i am loving all the remasters since i never played them on ps3. GTA5, TLOU, and DS2 are all fantastic for me. Would love to see RDR, Uncharted 1-3 and Mass Effect 1-3 to round it out. Might even give TESO a whirl in the summer if my brother wants to co-op it, never played on PC since I literally would fall asleep playing in the beta on PC.

1886 is all relative, if you pay $5-20 its a great game (rental, trade, discount, whatever). I don't see how anyone can seriously say its a great game if you buy it digitally for $60 though. Unity is the worst AC easily but I actually rebought it last week ($16) just to screw around, because running around Paris is really fun and cool.

While Destiny has many, many, many flaws I still gotta say I've put in over 300 hours into it and while I barely touch it anymore a $60-90 game that gave me 300 hours is good value.

End of the day I judge games on either how amaze balls they are (Bloodborne, GTA5, D3, TLOU go in this group) or how much fun I had playing with friends and strangers (Hardline, Destiny, FF14, any MMO or FPS go in here). I can "appreciate" 1886 but I can't say I'll remember it fondly or at all 4 years from now.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lot of people say the gameplay was 'meh'. But honestly I thought the little we did get was pretty good. The overall gunplay may have seemed better if there was more of it, or if a multiplayer component was present. Like Ritley said, just because it didn't reinvent cover shooting or present something extremely novel doesn't mean that it was bad. I thought the look/feel of the guns, not to mention the sound effects were amazing. As was the soundtrack and voice acting.

The electric launcher you get at the bridge scene was extremely satisfying. The crossbow was sweet. Thermite rifle was very different and cool. All the more realistic weapons all felt great too. The whole Tesla component was really cool to me. It just comes down to the fact that there wasn't enough action sequences to really show off its potential. If they actually play up the whole vampire/werewolf thing more, it could turn out great. Definitely needs a multiplayer next go-around as well. But as many have said, it definitely wasn't a 5/10 at least in my opinion.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
This game was a solid 7-8 for me. It was a great experience, the series has TONS of potential going forward. A multiplayer component would be interesting.

As far as remasters...I love the fact that we are getting them. I want to be able to play the Drakes Uncharted trilogy again without have to keep/buy a PS3. I love the Mass Effect series and might want to replay that. I would hope that most of last generation top games (Bioshock please?) get the remaster treatment (I loved that XBone got the Master Chief collection, but was dissappointed we miss out on Halo: Reach) . Its pretty shitty that the system upgrades forces you to lose a library of games unless you maintain last generations consoles.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This is 20 bucks for the collectors edition on Amazon right now for Prime members. I don't know if anyone cares but thought I'd throw it out there.

I expect the game will be a Playstation Plus freebie at some point.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
not everything revolves around you, i am loving all the remasters since i never played them on ps3. GTA5, TLOU, and DS2 are all fantastic for me. Would love to see RDR, Uncharted 1-3 and Mass Effect 1-3 to round it out.
Uncharted remaster collection is due in October. RDR had an image "leak" in April, showing a boxed copy next to an Xbox one, with a remaster title on it. That might have been faked though, nothing official there.

I have bought the DS2 remaster, GTA 5 (got the PC version too, and stopped playing the PS4 version) and FFX-X2. I don't mind remasters of good games at all. I'd buy a remaster of RDR day one.

However, as to "games" for my PS4, it is as mentioned earlier. There is fluff, then there is Bloodborne. Destiny turned meh (for me at least) quite fast. I am not aware of any other AAA titles that come close to Bloodborne released on next gens so far.

Don't regret buying my PS4 though, as it is the only next gen that I would even consider. Granted I do want a Wii U for Bayonetta 2 and the new Xenoblade Chronicles.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
if you mean this gen console exclusives, I agree. Otherwise there are tons of non-remaster games that are awesome

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Picked this game up for $5 recently, decided to go through and beat it.

Controls were shit, too many QTE for me. There were some annoying things: waiting on your on screen partner to carry on the level, the game putting you in really bad spots to get grenaded(?) to death, or enemies spawning out of thin air as you progress. I did enjoy it or the most part though. The game was pretty and I enjoyed the weapons. It was definitely a neat idea, and would be cool to see this game get a full-fledged sequel. Fuck it, just copy Uncharted on everything but the story and universe.

I'll give it a very specific 7.75 out of 10. Fun little game. Doesn't appear there will ever be a sequel, at least not anytime soon.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Picked this game up for $5 recently, decided to go through and beat it.

Controls were shit, too many QTE for me. There were some annoying things: waiting on your on screen partner to carry on the level, the game putting you in really bad spots to get grenaded(?) to death, or enemies spawning out of thin air as you progress. I did enjoy it or the most part though. The game was pretty and I enjoyed the weapons. It was definitely a neat idea, and would be cool to see this game get a full-fledged sequel. Fuck it, just copy Uncharted on everything but the story and universe.

I'll give it a very specific 7.75 out of 10. Fun little game. Doesn't appear there will ever be a sequel, at least not anytime soon.

Wasn’t bad I enjoyed the whole King Arthur shit.