The Radleys (2024)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Radleys (2024)

Genre: Comedy, Horror

Director: Euros Lyn

Cast: Kelly Macdonald, Bo Bragason, Damian Lewis, Harry Baxendale, Sophia di Martino, Steven Waddington, Madeleine Power, Shaun Parkes, Jay Lycurgo, Freddie Wise, Suan-Li Ong, Sarah Durham

Release: 2024-12-12

Runtime: 100

Plot: A seemingly ordinary family harbors a dark secret: they are vampires. They choose not to drink blood despite their natural cravings, but one day, their truth comes to light.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

There was a movie that came out in the mid-2000s, early 2000s maybe, that was basically the exact same premise. American suburban family moves next door into a neighborhood and it turns out they're all vampires or something. I do not recall what it was because I only watched it once and it was pretty forgettable.

You bumped the thread and I didn't originally make that connection when you posted it the first time.

I think this is a wait for streaming.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
What was that 90s one where they're actually all giant man eating insects from south America or some shit?

Weird memories.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
What was that 90s one where they're actually all giant man eating insects from south America or some shit?

Weird memories.
Meet the Applegates I think. I remember seeing that one.

They can turn into humans and they were escaping the devastation of the rainforest or something down in South America, so they moved to the American suburbs but we're eating people and pets because they were basically praying mantises.

Considering what's going on today, maybe that movie was way ahead of its time.

Edit: had to go check, yeah that's the one

Guess I watched a ridiculous amount of fucked up movies as a kid.

As goofy as that movie was, there's a pretty horrific Randy Quaid movie from the same time period called Parents. I don't want to spoil anything, but it freaked me out as a kid, even though it's supposed to be dark comedy. I haven't watched it since then probably need to track it down and see how it holds up, it's a similar theme.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Meet the Applegates I think. I remember seeing that one.

They can turn into humans and they were escaping the devastation of the rainforest or something down in South America, so they moved to the American suburbs but we're eating people and pets because they were basically praying mantises.

Considering what's going on today, maybe that movie was way ahead of its time.

Edit: had to go check, yeah that's the one

Guess I watched a ridiculous amount of fucked up movies as a kid.

As goofy as that movie was, there's a pretty horrific Randy Quaid movie from the same time period called Parents. I don't want to spoil anything, but it freaked me out as a kid, even though it's supposed to be dark comedy. I haven't watched it since then probably need to track it down and see how it holds up, it's a similar theme.

That's the one. This one fucked with me when I was young too. Why did my parents let me watch this shit...

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
That's the one. This one fucked with me when I was young too. Why did my parents let me watch this shit...

I saw that shit in the theater at the dollar cinema! One of Wes Craven's better films, and he's pooped out some stinkers in the past. Was a pretty crazy film. Need to go back and rewatch. I haven't seen it in ages, wonder if it's still holds up.

Think it had Ving Rhames in one of his earliest roles. The crazy dad was from Twin Peaks and Dune, the best Dune!

Think he's retired now.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Every time I see Damian Lewis it just makes me remember Life. Such an awesome, and short lived show. The soundtrack from the live airings was quite possibly the most amazing collection of songs I have ever heard. Unfortunately they got a little fucked over with that and had to change out a lot of the songs on the DVDs.

But I digress. This could be fun.

• 1Solidarity
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database