The Red Rising Trilogy - Pierce Brown [Sci-Fi]

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Haven't seen a thread dedicated to this series, but quite a few discussions on it in the books you just read thread. The final book in the trilogy comes out 2/9/16, so I figured I would get this back on everyone's radar if you were fans of the first two.

Morning Star: Book Three

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Thought this looked interesting after someone mentioned it in the other thread. I'm just about done with book 2. It's pretty good, but a little light somehow. Hard to put my finger on it, not sure if it's light on the descriptions of the world/solar system, or what. Overall it's pretty good, but I'd say not quite on the level of some of the other fantasy/scifi stuff I've read lately. There's definitely some interesting concepts/tech getting thrown around though.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bumping this old thread. Read Red Rising and Golden Son. Eagerly awaiting Morning Star.

I thought it was a very cool and unique twist on the future. Loved the ancient themes coupled with space sci-fi. Highly recommend the series.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
This series is legit. Hunger Games and YA comparisons kept me away, but it's more like Ender's Game morphing into Dune meets Spartacus.

Maul

Dental Dammer
I've listened to all of these recently on audiobook and thought it was superb, might even be my favourite series so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
quite enjoying this series so far, quarter into book 3.
I can't pinpoint anything amazing about it, but I find it very easy to read and keep wanting to go back to it.
Grabbed the boardgame too, which is fun enough and very cool to see all the different characters on the various cards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
Yeah it was an amazing listen on audiobook, surprised its not more popular