The Void (2016)

woot!

Trakanon Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 4 Votes
Title: The Void

Tagline: There Is a Hell. This Is Worse.

Genre: Horror

Director: Jeremy Gillespie, Steven Kostanski

Cast: Aaron Poole, Kathleen Munroe, Art Hindle, Daniel Fathers, Kenneth Welsh, Ellen Wong, Stephanie Belding, Mik Byskov, Grace Munro, James Millington, Evan Stern, Trish Rainone, Amy Groening, Matthew Kennedy, Chris Nash

Release: 2016-04-07

Runtime: 90

Plot: In the middle of a routine patrol, officer Daniel Carter happens upon a blood-soaked figure limping down a deserted stretch of road. He rushes the young man to a nearby rural hospital staffed by a skeleton crew, only to discover that patients and personnel are transforming into something inhuman. As the horror intensifies, Carter leads the other survivors on a hellish voyage into the subterranean depths of the hospital in a desperate bid to end the nightmare before it's too late.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

woot!

Trakanon Raider
Saw it this weekend at a movie festival, had never heard of it before (yet it was released in April 2016), had absolutely no idea what it was going to be about (I thought it was SF when I registered for the screening), and ended up being quite a ride.
I just loved it. It has been a long time since I had seen a movie with so much tension.
I think not knowing anything about the movie makes it much more enjoyable, and I'd strongly advise against reading anything about it. Don't even watch the teaser/trailer.
The less you know, the better. Really.
Just know that if you liked movies like Event Horizon, The Prince of Darkness, The Thing (Carpenter's), In the Mouth of Darkness , this is very much for you.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I want to watch this but can't find it in the usual places. Wut do?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

woot!

Trakanon Raider
Well, looks like you put your finger on a problem they have with this movie : distribution/marketing. I thought that the movie might already be available on dvd, but it seems that it's not the case, and can't find a release date.
My guess is that they will try to go to a couple more festivals with the movie. If they win awards, it will increase their chances of being played in more movie theaters, and then selling the rights to TV channels / Vod.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, lots of John Carpenter and Clive Barker coming through in the trailer. Has my interest for sure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Saw it this weekend at a movie festival, had never heard of it before (yet it was released in April 2016), had absolutely no idea what it was going to be about (I thought it was SF when I registered for the screening), and ended up being quite a ride.
I just loved it. It has been a long time since I had seen a movie with so much tension.
I think not knowing anything about the movie makes it much more enjoyable, and I'd strongly advise against reading anything about it. Don't even watch the teaser/trailer.
The less you know, the better. Really.
Just know that if you liked movies like Event Horizon, The Prince of Darkness, The Thing (Carpenter's), In the Mouth of Madness , this is very much for you.

These are some of my favorite horror films. I'm a big Carpenter and Barker fan. I hope this gets onto Blu-Ray.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Well look on the bright side. If it sucks the tagline is already correct.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Holy shit, how did I miss this?

This list:
Event Horizon, The Prince of Darkness, The Thing (Carpenter's), In the Mouth of Madness

These are like my favorite movies ever. How do I get this movie??

• 3Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You fucking don't until it gets out of its commie indie circuit.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
4c3.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

woot!

Trakanon Raider
Ok some good news ! Release date : April 7 (movie theaters / US)
And March 31 in the UK it seems ? with DVD and Vod April 24

• 3Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, that trailer hooked me.

Except,
Couldn't help thinking of this:
tumblr_inline_nfi9mdAoDu1rzm796.png

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Real supernatural badasses don't need KKK and knives. I'll pass until it is on Starz or whatever. It doesn't look bad, just not that great to me and isn't my full jam.

• 1Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks great, anyone involved in making The Witch gets an instant watch from me. Hoping with Get Out doing well and stuff like this we'll get another good couple years of inventive horror again.

• 3Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database