The Wild Eternal

ninjarr

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hey FOH, ninjarr here.

Maybe some of you recognize my name from the old boards, back in the day before all the retarded rolling and rerolling and unrolling happened. Admittedly y'all lost me a bit there, but that was mostly because I decided to bite off way more than I could chew and make a video game.

That video game just released yesterday and I suddenly feel capable of having a life again, so maybe I'll post a more. But fuck, let's shill a bit first? Maybe some of you will enjoy this game, it is kind of for you.

IWYCJZM.gif

The Wild Eternal is a first-person exploration game designed to be a relaxing adventure that kinda feels like journeying across an MMO for the first time as an underpowered and overwhelmed newbie. It's also a place to de-stress after a long day -- go for a hike, listen to some music, reflect on things.

I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea (no guns, no combat, no grinds), but some of you might dig it, so here's a link. I'd be happy to try to answer any questions about making a game or marketing one in the clusterfuck that is the independent development scene.

Guess what? Memekids on Twitter don't care for thoughtful games about old ladies, lol.

Anyway, cheers!

The Wild Eternal Website
The Wild Eternal Steam Page
Music: Garden of Lost Dreams
Music: Wakening Lands

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Poin Dexter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thumbs up for shamelessly admitting the shill. I will however check it out.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
This is really cool man. It's beautiful! How long did this take you?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ninjarr

This is really cool man. It's beautiful! How long did this take you?
Thanks! It took a little over four years, though the first year plus was a lot of prototyping and learning.

Team was me (code, technical art, design, business), an artist (textures, models, animations, rigging, design, writing, web development, trailers), and an audio engineer (SFX and music). We had some help with QA from friends and family, and shared the rest of the responsibilities. It was a long, exhausting and consuming process but we're super proud to have finished and shipped it!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ninjarr

Thanks Kharzette, we've not been an overnight sensation, but the simple relief of bringing the polished game to market is so satisfying that I hardly care. How's Ludum Dare going for ya? I wanted to participate this cycle but have a little too much on my plate.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This looks neat, congrats on the release. I enjoyed TIMEframe, Refunct, and some others like that I'm blanking on, but this sounds similar so I'll pick it up when I don't have "urgent" games in my backlog :p