Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Thor: Ragnarok

Tagline: No Hammer. No Problem.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Taika Waititi

Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Tessa Thompson, Jeff Goldblum, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Hopkins, Tadanobu Asano, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Benedict Cumberbatch, Rachel House, Taika Waititi, Clancy Brown, Stan Lee, Sam Neill, Luke Hemsworth, Matt Damon, Georgia Blizzard, Amali Golden, Charlotte Nicdao, Ashley Ricardo, Shalom Brune-Franklin, Taylor Hemsworth, Cohen Holloway, Alia Seror-O'Neill, Sophia Laryea, Stephen Oliver, Hamish Parkinson, Jasper Bagg, Sky Castanho, Shari Sebbens, Richard Green, Sol Castanho, Jet Tranter, Samantha Hopper, Eloise Winestock, Rob Mayes, Tahlia Jade, Winnie Mzembe, Sean Edward Frazer, Connor Zegenhagen, Tracie Filmer, Tracey Lee Maxwell, Beatrice Ward, Donnie Baxter, Greta Carew-Johns, Adam Green, Mollie McGregor, Sophia McGregor, Scarlett Johansson

Release: 2017-10-25

Runtime: 130

Plot: Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok, the prophecy of destruction to his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization, at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 98520[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Tagline: We Should Fight

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Taika Waititi[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Chris Hemsworth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hiddleston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mark Ruffalo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cate Blanchett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tessa Thompson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Karl Urban[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeff Goldblum[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Hopkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Benedict Cumberbatch[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Idris Elba[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jaimie Alexander[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lou Ferrigno[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ray Stevenson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tadanobu Asano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jasper Bagg[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-10-25[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Thor must confront other gods when Asgard is threatened with Ragnarok, the Norse Apocalypse.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Looks like this will be a cop movie starring Thor and Hulk, but a romp across Asgard and Hel. So you'll have a rampaging Hulk in Hell?

How does Marvel know what my heart wants?

Marvel Studios Confirms Stellar New Cast Members of the Highly Anticipated 'Thor: Ragnarok' | News | Marvel.com

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
rzRwTcFvttcN1ZpX2xv4j3tSdJu.jpg

Title: Thor: Ragnarok

Tagline: No Hammer. No Problem.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Taika Waititi

Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Tessa Thompson, Jeff Goldblum, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Hopkins, Tadanobu Asano, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Benedict Cumberbatch, Rachel House, Taika Waititi, Clancy Brown, Stan Lee, Sam Neill, Luke Hemsworth, Matt Damon, Georgia Blizzard, Amali Golden, Charlotte Nicdao, Ashley Ricardo, Shalom Brune-Franklin, Taylor Hemsworth, Cohen Holloway, Alia Seror-O'Neill, Sophia Laryea, Stephen Oliver, Hamish Parkinson, Jasper Bagg, Sky Castanho, Shari Sebbens, Richard Green, Sol Castanho, Jet Tranter, Samantha Hopper, Eloise Winestock, Rob Mayes, Tahlia Jade, Winnie Mzembe, Sean Edward Frazer, Connor Zegenhagen, Tracie Filmer, Tracey Lee Maxwell, Beatrice Ward, Donnie Baxter, Greta Carew-Johns, Adam Green, Mollie McGregor, Sophia McGregor, Scarlett Johansson

Release: 2017-10-25

Runtime: 130

Plot: Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok, the prophecy of destruction to his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization, at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela.

View attachment 98520

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Karl Urban as Skurge?
Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster?

I think the Disney Execs have sold their souls to come up with this shit. There's definitely some sort of Faustian mechanism at play, where they keep coming up with the awesome. Just when you thought it couldn't get better than Cap 3, you get a Thor/Hulk buddy movie.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
You forgot the best part.

No NATALIE FUCKING PORTMAN.

Casting Goldblum as Gamemaster? Seriously? I'm not sure there is anyone else who can play it now. Hell give him and Del Toro their own fucking movie, just get it over with. I'd pay a hundred bucks to see that.

edit: lol totally missed that Blanchett is playing Hela. Almost wish Branaugh had stuck around to direct this

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I still hope this is a stealth Planet Hulk movie with Thor replacing Beta Ray Bill.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Of all the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, the earlier 2 Thor movies have been pretty far down my list for good movies. I mean, they serve a purpose, but they aren't for me.

That said, I'm actually looking forward to this one. Can't wait.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I'll play MCU defender for the sake of discussion. I enjoyed Thor, but it was towards the beginning of the MCU and they were still getting their legs with the heroes not named Iron Man. The Dark World was ok, but it was on the heels of IM3 and having a hard time trying to progress past Avengers. With Winter Soldier they hit stride with the rest of the MCU and I see Ragnarok following suit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I liked #1, but thought #2 lost its way. Thor is poorly equipped to handle betrayal, so betraying him doesn't make for a very good movie. I look forward to this though.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I liked #1, but thought #2 lost its way. Thor is poorly equipped to handle betrayal, so betraying him doesn't make for a very good movie. I look forward to this though.
What you said, but the opposite. #1, the Destroyer fell to one hit. It has gone toe to toe with Galactus. And Thor deals with betrayal just fine. He says nay to it.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why the Natalie Portman hate? I love that little Bagel Eater.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The Hulk vs Thor animated movie was pretty badass, what will this one be like?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Thor 1 suffered from them cutting too much. The cut scenes add a lot to it, it made everyone's motivations feel a lot better. It was just too short of a movie, a lot of character development got cut to squeeze the plot in. It was cut down to 1h 55 minutes. Thor 2 1 h 52 minutes.

You get Winter Soldier and Civil War, at 2h 16 minutes and 2h 30 minutes.

I think Marvel, overall, is less afraid now to lets its individual films run long. That extra 20-30 minutes makes a huge difference in pacing and development.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What you said, but the opposite. #1, the Destroyer fell to one hit. It has gone toe to toe with Galactus.
One day you will come to terms with the fact the movies are their own separate universe from the comics. One day...

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database