Titanfall 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
Titanfall 2 | Official Site

PS4, Xbox One, and PC

trailer and presumably release date will come out at E3, June 12th

will allegedly have a full SP campaign and of course the MP stuff which imo was really brilliant and underappreciated

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
The MP was pretty fun, wish I had waited like the 3 months after release when they were selling it for $5. Game fell off hard.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
My issue was the limited variety in choices from guns to mechs in general. If they do that again here i wont even pay the game a lick of attention.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Needed a mid range projectile weapon with AOE+knockback with high direct hit bonus for pilots (think tribes disc launcher), and a grappling hook for swinging around.

Hopefully they make this one more fun.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Peaked my interest enough to put some time into Titanfall again. It's definitely still fun in spurts.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Titanfall had super solid gameplay, there just wasn't enough there. If the 2nd one can nail the same feel of jetpack/parkour on foot combat and the awesomely stompy robot combat and cram in a full-scale CoD type unlock/loadout system I'm sold. Only area the first one fell short was just how damn few weapon/attachment/mech options there were.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Singleplayer

Multiplayer

Grappling hook makes it look infinitely more cool (to me), but then again I'm bias. Titanfall was one of my favorite shooters of the past decade.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I for one loved the Titanfall. Hope this one does better than the original. Will get lost in the BF1 craze that will take place unfortunately. Why would they release so close is beyond me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
The weirdest part of it being released so close to BF1 is that it's also being published by EA.

Also, I find it kind of annoying it was made on the Source engine and it's not being sold on Steam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
This and Battlefield at the same time? Hahaha, yeah right. I might bargain basement this in 6 months.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Looks really fun. Hopefully I can get this one for $5 too after no one buys it at release.

spronk

FPS noob
already pre ordered, yeah its gonna get crushed sales wise I think but I really enjoyed the first one, in fact replayed it a few days ago and its great how fluid the mechanics are for pilot combat, wall running, and titans. You feel so fast compared to other FPS games. As I mentioned in the BF1 thread, you can get it for $33+tax on best buy if you have GCU for PC or console, if you get another $48 game at the same time. I bought this and Battlefield 1 for PC, $86+tax delivered and will get back $20 in RZ certs.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Battlefield 1 looks like shit, I think. It looks like a reskin of every other Battlefield (which I'll admit are fun and good games). I currently plan on buying TF2 and not BF1, but I'm sure I'm going to Ut out and probably end up buying it when pressured by my friends.

I just wish this game would fix fucking creeps accounting for 85% of the team score. Make kills worth while, damnit!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I heard jump height was nerfed in Titanfall 2, and you have to use an ability slot to equip the grappling hook to make up for the loss of mobility.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
The weirdest part of it being released so close to BF1 is that it's also being published by EA.

Not that surprising. BF1 will hold onto the battlefield loyal, and pick up some people. TF2 is getting dropped to eat into the crowd more interested in the futuristic fighting in Infinite Warfare.

It's a 1-2 punch to try and slow the CoD behemoth.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also, I find it kind of annoying it was made on the Source engine and it's not being sold on Steam.

Bleh, because Origin. :(

Titanfall 2 for PC Download | Origin Games

Was planning on doing this on Xbox One anyway. It does seem weird to release near BF1 though.

I just wish this game would fix fucking creeps accounting for 85% of the team score. Make kills worth while, damnit!

Personally, I don't remember it being like that. Got to prestige 5 (only game I have ever prestiged in). Creeps kills were important early on, to be first in Titans. Once you got your Titans it was all about Pilot and Titan kills. Gotta keep the other team with less Titans. But, I did probably 90% of games in Attrition. Maybe in other modes Creeps mattered more.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, although interestingly enough Valve has already announced that Source 2 can be developed on by anybody, but they must put it on Steam (and to my understanding can also put it on another platform, but it has to be on steam if it's used)

I don't think Origin is all that bad anymore but they used to be so shit.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unless you are wanting to play the campaign on your PC (for the graphics), I would definitely recommend picking up on Console - like any shooter without dedicated servers these days. PC playerbase dies so quickly unless dedicated servers are available, or mod support is there.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Demo Weekends are starting tomorrow.
Titanfall 2

GiuKhMP.jpg

qBSOEhi.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
I played for a little bit on xbox one today from a twitch beta key (everyone gets access tomorrow), not a huge fan honestly. I loved Titanfall 1 on PC, and maybe its just the console change but aiming seemed terrible, pilot movement was a tad bit slower, and titan deployment seemed to take way longer (to generate) in the two game modes I tried. Wasn't having fun at all, felt like I was getting curb stomped non stop by MLG pros or something. Everything felt "lesser" than TItanfall 1 in terms of controls and movement, but there are a ton of new customization options. Not helping that there are only like 300 players on xbox one right now so matches are taking like 5 minutes to find too.

I'm on the fence now, I play titanfall 1 every now and then and while there are only a couple hundred players online usually matches don't take more than a minute or two to pop for attrition mode, which is good enough for me. Still, with BF1 and Infinite Warfare on pre order I might cancel my TF2 pre order if they don't do a PC beta.

Last edited: