Tom Clancy's The Division

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Nope.

The new tunnel-thing looks decent, but it took waaaaay to long for them to fix the issues with loot n stuff for me to come back now.

I liked the game, got my moneys worth certainly and I even liked the story somewhat. All the glitches, bugs, loot exploits and shit that was never fixed, however, destroyed any chance I had to enjoy the game about 4 weeks in and neither me or the people I regularly play with has any desire to return. Its a pitty, because I think the game could have been great, but they were obviously not experienced enough with how these sort of games work and just to what lenghts the people playing them will go to when it comes to exploiting stuff.

If you could play this like Borderlands with a 4 person group with no other idiots running about, I think it would have lasted longer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I ran a coupe of the underground missions when that came out and haven't touched it since. everyone I know that played it has long stopped. I was really hyped for this game, but it fell flat on its face.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just picked this game up on the PS4. I assume playing with 3 other people makes the mission(s) a little easier? As of right now its tuff solo...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You should just quickmatch it and see what happens. Not sure how many people are left though. It still has a decent following on Twitch for whatever reason. But Ubisoft is completely clueless with this game and most just quit.

spronk

FPS noob
I just picked this game up on the PS4. I assume playing with 3 other people makes the mission(s) a little easier? As of right now its tuff solo...

story missions scale how many players are in the instance, so its easier solo than with 2-3 ppl but you can quickmatch it and get grouped up. you should be able to easy solo all the story stuff as long as you don't rambo in, just use cover and medpacs and stuff. i dunno if they changed it but there was no real reason to do the hardmode versions of the story missions while leveling, don't get much more than regular and it takes a lot longer.

the endgame stuff - challenge modes, strikes, etc - do not scale and are best done with 4 ppl, but again you can matchmake for everything in the game so no reason not to

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Can't see myself playing this with any length even with the DLCs as the enemies are the same ones from launch. Lets see packs of wild dogs, crazed civilians, shit throw in some zombies or mutants from the virus or something. Maybe I haven't gotten there in the Underground yet but I kept expecting to run into some giant ass alligator they keep talking about.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Lol no one cares. Ubi sucks. This game sucks. It cannot be saved. Play rocket league.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well, we will see I suppose. They really fucked this game up from top to bottom and that's too bad because it was pretty good at first.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah given how bad they fucked up the hacks / cheats and exploits I couldn't give two shits less about reinstalling this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I plan on giving it another shot when 1.4 drops. I haven't been bothered to play since before the Underground DLC came out, even though they got me for a season pass up front.

Besides smoother progression from World Tiers, (supposedly) you can actually make progress as a solo player again. Those are the 2 biggest factors that led me to quit, even though I held out longer than most.

Couple that reverting some just plain dumb design decisions (getting higher-level loot that's a *downgrade* from well-rolled lower level gear) and throw in some quality of life changes, and maybe they'll have a good scalable framework to build from. The core gameplay is still great.

On a side note, I think the blame is more with Massive being noobs at this genre, but I'm certainly leery of anything Ubisoft puts out from now on. For example, For Honor looks good, but I'll certainly wait on it.

Wrathin3L

Peasant
This is currently on sale for 40% ($35.99) on Steam - not sure it's really a deal considering the Season pass is still full price and not included ($39.99).

spronk

FPS noob
I hear For Honor is fun?

for honor is a totally different style, its more like a fighting game ala street fighter with some MOBA aspects built into it. I totally can't get into fighting games, except mortal kombat, so For Honor was super boring for me. I think if you love fighting games though it'll be awesome

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am having a blast now playing this game on the PS4, I am probably about 70% done with completion of my base. The DZ is not to bad, 50/50 on being shot or making friends.....
Speaking of friends..if anyone wants to link up with me I am Dr Rico Suave on PS4.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rumor has it that 1.4 will be out this week? And from what I have heard and seen this update completely changes the game; everything broke has been fixed with many extras.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yup. Drops tomorrow morning. I'll be giving it a shot (quit at the tail end of 1.2, never even played UG). As someone who hit the wall with no pre-made group, I'm looking forward to it.

WarrmachineX on PS4, although I'll probably just be checking out the solo content first before renewing my PSPlus membership.