Top Gear (UK)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Top Gear

Genre: Documentary

First aired: 2002-10-20

Creator: Derek Smith

Overview: The hosts talk about the latest cars and its specifications. They review the performance of the car and also find out if it is as good as the manufacturers claim. The current hosts are Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc with The Stig.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 124779[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Top Gear[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Documentary[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2002-10-20[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The hosts talk about the latest cars and its specifications. They review the performance of the car and also find out if it is as good as the manufacturers claim. The current hosts are Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc with The Stig.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

So the original Top Gear thread got merged with the Grand Tour thread. This thread is for the Top Gear UK show that covers season 23 and onwards, which is when they changed hosts of the show.
-AMod

Here's the intro.

I filmed this off of my tv with my phone. Sorry for the poor quality.

Anyway, they really trimmed the fat over last season. I'm glad most of the crew got the axe, keeping only the best.

The show starts with a review on Ferrari FXXK. Wow, that car is great.

I actually got bored with The Grand Tour, not finishing the show, but so far I'm really enjoying season 24 of Top Gear.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im ashamed to say i bailed on the show too after they dicked around too much with that guest appearing on the show then dying before he reaches the tent shtick and the shithead American driver. i will go back and watch the rest of the episodes, but that shit really fucking irritated me and they had to know it was fucking irritating, but did it anyway.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watched all of TGT, wish it had more pure car stuff, but still really enjoyed it.

I really liked the first episode of this new season. They definitely have something with Leblanc, Reed, and Harris. Great first episode!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Glad I'm not the only one. I watched the first 8 (through the Namibia special) but haven't managed to care enough to finish the season. I never missed an episode of Top Gear with them on it, but there's just something about TGT that makes me not give a shit.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Glad I'm not the only one. I watched the first 8 (through the Namibia special) but haven't managed to care enough to finish the season. I never missed an episode of Top Gear with them on it, but there's just something about TGT that makes me not give a shit.
It's too geared for entertainment. Needs to become more of a "car show" again, and I believe they realize that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I saw all of The Grand Tour with Clarkson/Hammond/May, I enjoyed most of it but there were a few too many obviously scripted sequences. Top Gear was a car show with comedy, this was a comedy show with cars so it crossed a line somewhere. Still looking forward to S2 no matter if they fix it or stick with comedy.

Meanwhile original Top Gear on the BBC with the new presenters was back for S2 last weekend. It was... great! Annoying ginger cunt was sacked and the presenter bloat was further cut with Jordan/Sabine gone. Now they just have 3 (sound familiar) with Joey and the two black guys who were supposed to do the online content for diversity points and ended up better than the main show.

They did some car reviews and track tests, had James McAvoy on for a non cringe interview then they drove across Kazakstan to the Russian Spaceport. I don't know their names yet but one guy is very competitive (and won) and is the new Clarkson, one is extremely nerdy and is the new May and Joey is a lovable idiot new Hammond.

As they introduced their cars for the challenge, the nerdy one took the piss out of Joey accidentally buying a refurbished taxi (he knew it was in the German taxi colour scheme) since it wouldn't be suitable for a long distance challenge, then the other one showed up in a London Black Cab! I really enjoyed watching it including my GF who hates Top Gear, they mostly gelled as a presenting team and actually crashed into each other wrecking one of the cars (never saw the others do that as ridiculous as they got). Give it a try. Episode 2 is in a few hours.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The 2nd episode was also a good one. The last "all season" supercar event made me think of an Audi R8 GT the entire time. That would have just dominated in all contests. Especially the snow one.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Was pretty awesome that they wrecked the car on the test track by powersliding it into a wall repeatedly and breaking the windscreen.

Also WTF at driving down the Sierra Nevada mountains on momentum alone trying not to break, on a road with no barriers and a sheer drop.

I think danger is their new thing.

David Tennant was great too, was more like a talk show than an explicit segment.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm kind of interested in seeing that now. I love to hike in the Sierras, and that's definitely something that happens often. In fact, I get great gas mileage every time we go just because you can coast for literally 10 miles and never have to accelerate.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I like the trio. Just give them a few seasons to build chemistry and I think this is going somewhere.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have only seen the 1st episode, but it's already 100x better than last season with ginger twat. Harris / Reed have done a lot of TG online review content. What is funny was during the cringeworthy season last year, I kept thinking to myself "Why the f didn't they just use Harris / Reed?" .. boom! Season 2 prayers answered. They gelled so well in the first episode, I can only imagine it improves over time.

Say what you will, but I think all of us viewers are the winner in this scenario. Instead of a measly 6 episodes of old TG per season, we now have The Grand Tour and a rebooted Top Gear. Makes me happy!

Fadaar

That guy
After seeing the positive reviews for the new season I'll have to give Top Gear a shot again. Like I've said before I was a big fan of Chris Harris stuff I saw on YouTube the last few years, and the more quality motoring shows the better.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The Aston from the 3rd episode is definitely a beautiful car. That said, I wasn't really a fan of the Aston vs. Mercedes vs. Police angle they took. Plus, the "left turn through Hammerhead" teleport thing was weak. Oh well, the show itself is still good, even if I didn't like those particular scenes. Matt LeBlanc really is perfect for this series. He plays his part bigly.

Chris

Potato del Grande
No challenge, not sure if I want to watch an car show haha. I want a golf now though :)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Haven't caught the 3rd episode yet, but the scenes of them driving the Lamborghini & 911 through California up to the Sierra Nevada range was just gorgeous. Solid start for the show this season.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
No challenge, not sure if I want to watch an car show haha. I want a golf now though :)
I own a 2010 Carbon gray MK6 GTI. I have done over 200 000 KM (125 000 miles) and I still love it very much. I plan to hold it until the next gen GTI release in end 2018. I could keep it for a bit longer if it still hold well.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The new Bugatti is quite nice. As was the Honda jet. The "pac-man" game makes me interested in that car as well. All in all, a decent episode.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
man.. I could have been a BBC exec. When they first announced the presenters on the reboot, I thought these 3 sounded like a dream team.. then they added sabine and ginger cuck to screw it all up. Glad to see they finally figured out Rory and Chris were better, and the 1st episode was great imo.
Haven't had time to watch the newer ones just yet, but things are looking up.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database