TurboTax Halts State Returns

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have a CPA do mine every year. I have multiple sources of income and being self employed plus timber sales, mineral rights leases etc...just easier. One year I was out of state and went to H&R block. That was a mistake. I wound up sending it back to my CPA to do it. H&R block came up with a refund of XXX. I haven't had a refund in 25 years. I knew they were full of shit. It wound up being about a $7,000 swing in what they prepared and my CPA did.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
HR block showed me another persons tax return to try and prove a point, this was about 4 min after i had reviewed and signed (lol?) thier privacy policy. If you are going to pay someone to do your return at least get a professional. My accountant has saved me his fee many times over. I used to do it myself when my life was simpler, now that I have a lot of stuff on the go i really value dealing with a professional.

He set the standard catching $500 in hr blocks mistakes in our first meeting. I got audited last year, I emailed him the letter then 2 months later I got another letter from the CRA (Canada's irs) saying everything was fine and They closed thier file.