Twilight of the Warriors: Walled In (2024)

kroenen

Regimen Morum
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Twilight of the Warriors: Walled In (2024)

Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller

Director: Soi Cheang

Cast: Louis Koo, Sammo Hung, Raymond Lam, Terrance Lau, Richie Jen, Philip Ng, Tony Wu, Man Kit Cheung, Kenny Wong Tak-Ban, Fish Liew, Chu Pak-Hong, Aaron Kwok, Sean Wong Tsz-lok, Jozev Lau, Cecilia Choi, Chung Suet-Ying

Release: 2024-04-23

Runtime: 125

Plot: Set in the 1980s, troubled youth Chan Lok-kwun accidentally enters the Walled City, discovers the order amidst its chaos, and learns important life lessons along the way. In the Walled City, he becomes close friends with Shin, Twelfth Master and AV. Under the leadership of Cyclone, they resist against the invasion of villain Mr. Big in a series of fierce battles. Together, they vow to protect the safe haven that is Kowloon Walled City.

Szlia

Seeing this tomorrow night. Very positive word of mouth from people who already saw it earlier in the week.

Szlia

This is pretty good, but don't expect wall to wall action. There is a solid dose of it (mainly split in two long sequences that bookend the film), but the core of the movie is a love letter to a time and place: Kowloon Walled City in the '80s. Depicted as a kind of social utopia where everyone scratches everyone else's back.

For what it's worth, at the Film Festival I was at, the audience voted it as the best film of the asian selection. Of the movies I have seen, I would have rated slightly higher the Taiwanese comedy heist movie Breaking and Re-entering as well as the South Korean blockbuster horror film Exhuma, and on par with the other HK film, the very dark infiltrated cop action drama Bursting Point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database