Upgrade to G510 keyboard?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The G510 has an LED display on it that can display multiple types of information. The feature I always use is the one that shows who is talking in voice chat. It supports several voice chat clients like Mumble, Ventrilo, etc.

My G510 is wearing out so when I went to Best Buy to buy a new keyboard, I discovered neither the G710 or the G910 have the LED display. They didn't have any G510s in stock.

Anyone know if another company makes a keyboard with a LED panel that supports voice chat programs?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I was aware you can get a G510 on Amazon and will go that route if no other brand supports the LED panel feature.

The 710 and 910 are better keyboards from a functional perspective in every regard compared to the 510. No idea why Logitech removed that feature since it was one of the main things that set them apart from their competitors. I've been using Logitech keyboards for 20+ years so wasn't sure if any of their competitors had a model with a LED panel so thought I would ask here.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I just bought the 910+ and really like it. I'll never buy a non-mechanical keyboard again.

I don't look at my keyboard ever (I play with my keyboard on my lap) so the LED display I had before on the G15 so long ago never mattered.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just bought the 910+ and really like it. I'll never buy a non-mechanical keyboard again.

I don't look at my keyboard ever (I play with my keyboard on my lap) so the LED display I had before on the G15 so long ago never mattered.
Apparently the Arx Control thing means that unless you don't own a smartphone it's got a screen like the G15/510 anyhow (possibly even better since it's vertical vs. almost flush with the keyboard)

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I love my G510, but I hate the fact that the way I type I've totally rubbed the W, A, S, E, N, and L keys down to clear plastic. I'm not sure why keyboard makers, especially of gamer keyboards, don't make these keyboards any better - the WASDQE especially. My last keyboard, the G19 did the same thing and the spacebar all but broke.

I really should stop buying these logitechs and just get one of those old school IBM mechanical keyboards in USB lol.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love my G510, but I hate the fact that the way I type I've totally rubbed the W, A, S, E, N, and L keys down to clear plastic. I'm not sure why keyboard makers, especially of gamer keyboards, don't make these keyboards any better - the WASDQE especially. My last keyboard, the G19 did the same thing and the spacebar all but broke.

I really should stop buying these logitechs and just get one of those old school IBM mechanical keyboards in USB lol.
No idea what you're doing - my and Laura's 510's have got at least 6+ years each (I know I got them between TLP 1.0 and 2.0) and neither has a single key rubbing off. You end up having acetone residue or something on your fingers alot?

Vitality

HUSTLE
I lied about the g15 LED panel not mattering, It had a neat function with Teamspeak where it would show the persons name when they talked. So instead of having an overlay or tabbing out I just looked down and it showed their name. Very helpful.

Overlays provide this function for me now.