Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
There was a concern brought up on another forum about us having limited data when it comes to combat and spells. This was my response to that concern.

Very concerned about combat and spells as you guys have EXTREMELY limited data.

Recreating VG combat, spells, and classes is entirely another.

Yes it is and I completely agree with you we probably never will get it exactly like live was and probably never will which i hate to admit but it is the truth. All we can go on is the data we have collected and the players input. The combat/class system is and will be the most difficult part of this project. There is so many little details that will have to be accounted for which we will try our best to replicate to the best of our abilities.

Our plan for a base line is to give NPC's access to the same spells PC's have (On top of any custom spells we create from log data) they will also have access to the same stats strength, intelligence, resists etc etc. We also are planning on adding the feature where if a mob is extremely resistance to one type of spell say fire and you hit it with a fire spell it could/will heal the mob instead. That is just one of the many vanguard features that we plan on implementing to bring the live feel back that people remember.

There is way to much on our road map to go over everything but I hope when everything is said and done it will be a game people will enjoy playing again.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's a waste of resources to recreate a bunch of pointless quests that were a waste of resources to create in the first place. Leave quests for dungeons and the longer quest chains, perhaps, but all the quest hub and fetch shit? Why bother?

Felmega_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_133444.jpg

Found these the other day and had a nostalgia trip

Conkuur_sl

shitlord
I have been playing on your server Xinux. Running through APW one shotting mobs that took raid parties was fun. The nostalgia, the sounds, the potential that never quiet made it to fruition. I always hoped someone could or would fix it but I had always heard from the Devs themselves the coding was a mess.

I hope you can fix it but for now I will just enjoy whats there. Thx again.

RoyalAssassin

Molten Core Raider
In terms of pure dungeon diving, VG scratched that itch for me big time along with a perfect blend of classes. Too bad everything else, especially performance, fucked up what could have been glorious with some decent management. Even faction grinding (panther mask/Celestine Ward) was fun as hell. It amazes me but I get nostalgic for this game.

Looking forward to seeing your hard work.

Japanfour_sl

shitlord
this game has the best looking dungeons I have ever seen. I remember one day I started a giant with a friend, and we found a wrecked ship on shore. we inspect the ship and discover it hit an underground temple. We end up exploring its 4+ floors, and a 2 hour session turns into a 6 hour session.

This was easily the best part of vanguard. At level 6 I was going on epic joruneys that I wouldnt dream of halfway through other mmos.

Zihurr mound was another fucking epic idea of a meteor hitting the world and making a small and colony a giant ant colony with a massive tunnel network.

No dungeon felt like a bland lego set in vanguard.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
panther mask
I loved that grind. Was good exp, was always people running through wondering wtf you were doing, and the reward was useful and also fun. One of the charms of Vanguard is it was never so popular that everything was spoiled, so stuff like that was still relatively obscure. Loved all the trinkets. Turning into a skeleton. That book that was a debuff (morfare maybe?) The Lev cape and jump boots. So many things that were mostly just fun, but useful as gear, situationally really handy, and got a lot of 'what the hell is that' reactions from others.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The major quest lines that involved dungeons like Celestine Wardship were so awesome. Another great one was the non raid flying mount you could do with a group which gave you a griffon.

Japanfour_sl

shitlord
VG had alot of dungeons that were populated with mobs, but no quest lines lead to them. Alot of times in the guild I rolled with we would take a day to find a dungeon and just explore it. It was a unique experience from what I guess what unintended. haha.

kaxfenix

N00b
I leveled a Druid for a while One of the best Dungeons I came upon was in a cave it had this orb and I knew there was something there but couldn't figure out how to get in.. Low and behold s NPC eventually comes walking by says a Phrase and disappears. I say the same thing and wham in side.

Later I got some friends and we explored this dungeon that then opened into another realm or something it was one of the most memorable experiences playing Vanguard.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I leveled a Druid for a while One fo the best Dungeons I came upon was in a cave i had this orb and I new there was somehting there but couln't figure out how to get in.. Low and behold s NPC eventually comes walking by says a Phrase and disappears. I say the same thing and wham in side.

Later I got some friends and we explored this dungeon that then opened into another realm or something it was one of the most memorable experiences playing Vanguard.
See shit like this makes me think we are sharing a collective hallucination. Like that level of random fucking cool hidden world shit seems so antithetical to how much of a clusterfuck the development of the game was. and sadly things like this were most likely missed so maybe won't be on the emulator :/

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
See shit like this makes me think we are sharing a collective hallucination. Like that level of random fucking cool hidden world shit seems so antithetical to how much of a clusterfuck the development of the game was. and sadly things like this were most likely missed so maybe won't be on the emulator :/
The dungeon he is talking about is in and populated just not itemized yet we even added the ability to port in using the correct phrase in say not that long ago.
smile.png

We have the npc pathing down there just need to add in his dialog and him disappearing to finish that part up.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The dungeon he is talking about is in and populated just not itemized yet we even added the ability to port in using the correct phrase in say not that long ago.
smile.png

We have the npc pathing down there just need to add in his dialog and him disappearing to finish that part up.
awesome! i shut the fuck up now
tongue.png

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
LOL i'm pretty sure we are going to be missing a lot of stuff but since I knew the dungeon he was talking about figured I would chime in.
smile.png

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I really hope this keeps moving. I'd love to play this with a buddy of mine and just crawl cool overworld dungeons and stuff with a killer duo. I only ever played for a month before servers shut down... would disciple BM combo work for duoing stuff? Seems like it should.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I really hope this keeps moving. I'd love to play this with a buddy of mine and just crawl cool overworld dungeons and stuff with a killer duo. I only ever played for a month before servers shut down... would disciple BM combo work for duoing stuff? Seems like it should.
Most duos work together just fine, two hybrid DPS/Healers can do many things.