Vanguard - I don't give a fuck if it's dead, It's still brown as fuck (Download link in 1st post)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
lost lost anyway you or FZ can get a hold of Jason and see if any of his fellow devs or even him can help with this DB bro? ill pay in krono =p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lost lost anyway you or FZ can get a hold of Jason and see if any of his fellow devs or even him can help with this DB bro? ill pay in krono =p

If something like this happened I'd like to think we would never hear about it.

Strong rumor is that the PEQ database used in the eqemulator project as well as every single EQ emulated project ever, (that even P99 is based off of after culling the PEQ database) is from an initial leak. Again all unsubstantiated rumor, but makes sense if you think about it. Believing PEQ was built from complete scratch is stretching the imagination I'd think, even with Allakhazams, but hey what do I know maybe I'm dead wrong ;)

I'm all for hypothetical help. This game deserves to see the light of day again in its original form with the correct combat and spell values. The netcode can be emulated, a DB not so much especially with such scant data available.

S.O.S. Ship in need of assistance!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I dont know anywhere to start other than some of the people who worked with the code like their friend did. He would adjust code while we tested with the raid devs so thinking since he actually worked on Vanguard he might be of help. Just trying anything :)

I would seriously donate 1k usd anonymously to anyone who got that DB to the emu devs.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well I dont know anywhere to start other than some of the people who worked with the code like their friend did. He would adjust code while we tested with the raid devs so thinking since he actually worked on Vanguard he might be of help. Just trying anything :)

I would seriously donate 1k usd anonymously to anyone who got that DB to the emu devs.

That is a starting point. Ideally I think donors might have to organize together and create a pool if indeed there is someone who may be able to procure the goods.

It would be cool if it just happened out of a sense of duty to keeping good design alive. I mean if I were a dev, I wouldn't want my work to die. I'd want good design to live forever. This combat system, classes, and world scale deserve full emulation.

Xinux is legit, and this project is legit. They need help bad, they have been working really hard and have proven they are the legitimate Vanguard emulation project.

If there is any game that deserves it, its Vanguard. Warhammer has one, EQ has one, lets bring some balance to the force? If you're reading this out there....

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know lost lost friend used to work from home when wed be doing raid testing and he'd be doing coding as we gave feedback (sometimes it would be 1 hour between pulls while we waited). Like I said its a long shot but he might have at least something and was a really nice guy.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Sorry I don't check my notifications much, figured it's usually people liking my posts! I knew jason but only through FZ. I forwarded this to FZ but can't guarantee anything. I dont think Jason works with DBG anymore so that could put a wrench in things.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well it could also be a blessing, he used to work from home while we did long raid testing sessions. Lets all pray to Rallos Zek he kept a thumb drive or something along those lines. Tell FZ I am seriously paying 1k USD if he can get us what these devs need.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
What I wouldn't give to get a copy of the DB.... /Dreams .... everything else would fall in to place and speed up development time like you wouldn't believe.

• 2Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I've contacted FZ who was able to talk to Jdog and get his email. Jdog said to give the email to whoever's in charge, he's very interested in korrupt's offer as incentive. FZ and I would like a finder's fee, maybe a level 50 database frogger.

Korrupt Korrupt Xinux Xinux

Last edited:
Whatever happens, be careful what you all say. Remember all communication is monitored these days. I would love to say something about all this but I just can't.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Whatever happens, be careful what you all say. Remember all communication is monitored these days. I would love to say something about all this but I just can't.

I think lost lost is just referring to a Cursed bestiary DB that was collected and never published on the website. There were a lot of data collection efforts and 3rd party programs being used to grab as much as possible from users clients, and the compile of all the data never happened before the server went down. Its cool that someone has potentially had all of the user-collected information taken only from peoples clients and just forgot about it, isn't it. It has been so many years I guess it was just lost.

Hopefully I'll be coming to collect my tiny hypothetical reward someday for being the spearhead on the suggestion and getting the train out of the station. If I hadn't reality-checked the situation (and well I guess your comment is ultimately responsibile for my comment Q qwertyqweqwertwqert ) we'd probably not have had any options tabled. The VGEmu project has done amazing things, but they needed that Cursed website program user-collected data from everyone that participated in the user-collection a few years back.

*tips hat* see you gents around. Xinux Xinux Korrupt Korrupt

• 1Like

Xinux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well this is getting interesting I'm the person in charge over at vgoemu if you want you can pm me here or over at our site.

Luckily I was able to modify the packet collector that we used for EQ2 to work with vanguard or else we wouldn't have anything.

I also did reach out to curse years ago about the data they collected and they said they did not have it anymore.

lost lost

Last edited:
  • 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well this is getting interesting I'm the person in charge over at vgoemu if you want you can pm me here or over at our site.

Luckily I was able to modify the packet collector that we used for EQ2 to work with vanguard or else we wouldn't have anything.

I also did reach out to curse years ago about the data they collected and they said they did not have it anymore.

lost lost
pm sent

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've contacted FZ who was able to talk to Jdog and get his email. Jdog said to give the email to whoever's in charge, he's very interested in korrupt's offer as incentive. FZ and I would like a finder's fee, maybe a level 50 database frogger.

Korrupt Korrupt Xinux Xinux

Necros in VG were really cool. I never played one but I remember they would fight to "skin" raid mobs which was like harvesting for a rare chance at a pet version of the raid boss.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I had a psionicist main, it was fun, I remember in the early days there was a hack that let me run at full speed while casting, so I used that all the way to 50 while charming monsters and running in circles. Was the most fun I had, heard after that they cracked down on the hacks and was lot harder to level. lol, but yeah also had a wizard with dual agony.

hope i was able to help out