Visions of Grandeur (making dad-servers great again!)

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks! I'll check more into the pet aggro thing, though I'm not sure if that's something I'll be able to change.
I have mixed feelings on locking content behind progression mobs, definitely some pros and cons. What's unavoidable though, is that adding unlocking mechanics would delay the opening of the other expansions. I do like the idea of locking something desirable behind progression though, so once I put a few more fires out, I'll look into that.

As another update, after more closely at the defiant gear and the levels of mobs it drops from, I've taken it out of the droptables for now. I thought the stats themselves might have been ok if capped at certain tiers, but they just drop too early.

I'll also be looking more at the balancing tonight, since things don't seem to have hit the sweet spot yet.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No idea how others feel, but I have never liked defiant gear on the emu's. I would like to progress from one expansion to the next using era appropriate gear "if possible"...

Also, is the original guise of the deceiver in? Kind of tells me if I am rolling an ogre or not.

Thanks,

Pogi

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorry, the server is down while I sort out a problem. Hopefully it won't be long.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
No idea how others feel, but I have never liked defiant gear on the emu's. I would like to progress from one expansion to the next using era appropriate gear "if possible"...

Also, is the original guise of the deceiver in? Kind of tells me if I am rolling an ogre or not.

Thanks,

Pogi

Defiant just seems like cheating =\

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok back up, less of a problem than I thought! May have to do a few resets today though. Very soon on the list is a dev server, so I don't have to tinker live.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Any chance in making a buffer npc? I see the soul binder will sow and lev, but the NL buffer was nice and made leveling less of a chore. Also Freeport is fux0rd, not sure if that is a server issue or my client issue.
One other nice thing would be faction grind relief. I'm not sure on other classes, but for the paladin soulfire and fiery avenger, the faction grind is a pain for deepwater knight and priests of life.
If not oh well I know you're working on lots of stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I know he's aware of the Freeport issue. The new zone file flagged everything the wrong way.

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Any chance in making a buffer npc? I see the soul binder will sow and lev, but the NL buffer was nice and made leveling less of a chore. Also Freeport is fux0rd, not sure if that is a server issue or my client issue.
One other nice thing would be faction grind relief. I'm not sure on other classes, but for the paladin soulfire and fiery avenger, the faction grind is a pain for deepwater knight and priests of life.

Haha, you are such a Paladin autist. Not that that is a bad thing =)

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I would rather tune things so that they're fun without needing an npc buffer, that way when you actually group with a buff class, it'll actually feel like they're making a difference :)
And ya, I need to get freeport turned back into old freeport.
I've never been much of a factioner. What sort of faction increase modifier would be reasonable?

Also, latest update: I've upped the xp a bit overall and a bit more on blues/lightblues. Player damage has been upped a bit, and npc hitrate has been lowered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
I would rather tune things so that they're fun without needing an npc buffer, that way when you actually group with a buff class, it'll actually feel like they're making a difference :)
And ya, I need to get freeport turned back into old freeport.
I've never been much of a factioner. What sort of faction increase modifier would be reasonable?

Also, latest update: I've upped the xp a bit overall and a bit more on blues/lightblues. Player damage has been upped a bit, and npc hitrate has been lowered.

Ya...that hit rate was a little crazy

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I don't know what's reasonable. On NL the modifier for kills was 10 I think. So say I killed a Paineel guard for Deepwater Knight faction, it would adjust by +10. Same with Priests of Life and plaguebone skells in South Karana. However there are bone chip quests and 2gp quests that award +1 faction. I don't know where the sweet spot is. Just know soulfire and Fiery Avenger are prerequisites for the epic and it blows to grind factions to high warmly and ally on a dad server.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Start low with faction adjustments. Maybe double or triple all the hit values. Some servers do like 10x faction and characters can end up pretty messy with big hits like that.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is the steam version of everquest still usable as RoF2? I tried to run the game after downloading from the links off of page one, but it was filled with errors about missing files.

Thanks,

Pogi