Visions of Grandeur (making dad-servers great again!)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Control Control When you have the time, would you mind checking the shin lord's loot table in upper guk? I have killed the shin lord 15-20 times and haven't seen the ghoulbane yet.

Thanks!

Pogi

Hosix

All labs matter!
Control Control When you have the time, would you mind checking the shin lord's loot table in upper guk? I have killed the shin lord 15-20 times and haven't seen the ghoulbane yet.

Thanks!

Pogi

If needed I can take my SK to Felwithe and drop Joren Nobleheart with you. I am certain he always drops it. I will take the faction hit.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Could we possibly get the level 50 shaman spell spirit of puma fixed so it is usable (have its mana usage put back to normal)

The spell seems to cost the normal amount of mana (212), I tried using it last night on my shammy.

Control Control When you have the time, would you mind checking the shin lord's loot table in upper guk? I have killed the shin lord 15-20 times and haven't seen the ghoulbane yet.i

His droprate was 25%, but he had no other loot on that table, so I increased it to 100%.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Could we possibly get the level 50 shaman spell spirit of puma fixed so it is usable (have its mana usage put back to normal)

Ah, so found the problem. I assume it was you that I fixed this with, but in case anyone else runs into the problem, Spirit of Puma only costs 212 mana, BUT if you were playing on a different server where the cost was changed, your spellfile might list the altered mana cost. If so, either grab my spellfile from the front page or open yours, search for puma, find the number that matches the mana value listed on your spell, and change that to 212.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
His droprate was 25%, but he had no other loot on that table, so I increased it to 100%.

I was really unlucky with it at 25%... Had killed him multiple times over the last 4-5 days.

Thanks for the quick response!!

Pogi

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Update: I updated the name of the server so it appears 2nd in the list. Seems silly, but everyone else is playing the 'lets use funny characters so our name appears higher' too, and since I was double stupid and started the name with a V, it was lost in the no-man's land with like 20 empty servers.

I took the spell mitigation off the clicky and just cut mob's spell damage, that way it works on pets too.
I took the accuracy buff off the clicky so it wouldn't conflict with discs.
I added a bunch of stats to the charm to help pretty much everyone in some way (including a pet focus and ultravision)
I added a couple of weapons to new characters (and to the weapon vendor) which should give melee a viable weapon until 50, and then 2 more on the vendor that should be viable till 60. Certain classes will have an easier time finding better weapons than some others, but at least it's an easy option if you don't want to go weapon hunting.
Increased some drops in solb where the mob wasn't dropping something useful every time.
Made the cleric pet non-temporary

edit: oh, also had round 3 of trying to get annoying spells off of normal mobs. hopefully it'll stick this time. Also targeted annul spells this time around.

Last edited:

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Update time:
Luclin is open and the level cap is now 65!
Reduced Luclin boss spawntimes to 2h, except for VT which is 4h
Got rid of a number of annoying Luclin npc spells (Deathtouch, etc.)
Lowered the duration of some VERY long duration raid npc debuffs.
Made lucid shards much easier to get
Increased droprate on pieces for ssra door keys and emp keys.
Added a Luclin translocator
Added Norrath dungeon translocator
Added a WW port to Velious translocator
Increased zone xp mods in Kunark/Velious
Significantly increased leadership/raid aa xp
increased dynamic zone reset time (no more losing corpses or boss spawns if you die/wipe)
Increased the spawn rates of named in droga considerably
Increased the spawn rates of named in veskar considerably
Increased the spawn rates of named and drop rates across velious
Added (prenerf) Mosscovered Twig and Mosscovered Branch
Added cure potions to the vendor
Origin recast is now 30sec instead of 18m
Origin is autotrained
Harm Touch is free and autotrained
Anamation Empathy is autotrained (chanters can always control their pets now)
Removed some Luclin mobs that weren't working.
removed reagent from zerker axe summons
Made the Faerie of Dismay more likely to carry its copy of Immortals around
Fixed some problems in the spirit wracked cord quest
Enabled combat in a few revamped zones that had it disabled

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Layzi

Molten Core Raider
Started today, lvl 28 SK (Gadgette) and Shaman (Dysentery). In Upper Guk now, is this the best place to be? Do we need to get keyed to go to Kunark/Velious/Luclin like the NL server? Any recommendations for someone that has never gone past the very beginning of Halls of Testing in Velious?

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
I did Sol A until 35ish with an SK and Druid. I had a lot of problems with the runners though. You don't have to be keyed to get to Kunark at least. I did the giants fort for a while for some forest loops, can't remember the name of that zone

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Started today, lvl 28 SK (Gadgette) and Shaman (Dysentery). In Upper Guk now, is this the best place to be? Do we need to get keyed to go to Kunark/Velious/Luclin like the NL server? Any recommendations for someone that has never gone past the very beginning of Halls of Testing in Velious?

You're probably big enough for SolB which is pretty great xp.
No custom flagging, and the only keys needed thusfar are sleepers, vt, and the internal ssra keys and seru keys. I've increased the droprates on their components, so hopefully they aren't too bad.
Recommendations? If you've never been to Luclin, take a day and go explore :D It has some interesting spots and some terrible spots, but there's no death penalty (other than a trip to bind), so go sightseeing :)

Really liking this server. Came over from NL cause I got kind of tired of being locked out of content. By the time I completed kunark/velious quests I'd outleveled a lot of the content I really used to enjoy.

Its been awesome being able to level up through dungeons on any continent while level appropriate.
Perfect balance of quality of life changes yet still challenging.

Great work, really enjoying it!

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
You've done really well with this server.

Glad to see someone actively building and maintaining a well rounded classicesque server.

Definitely cleaner than NL was.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm back after some PC problems took me down. Had to replace the power supply / cpu fan. Rekindled Fires of Rerolled will be slaughtering lots of baddies in the time to come. Wooo and all that. Contact anyone for a guild invite.

Amir

Vyemm Raider
I started playing on the server 3 days ago. Haven't played EQ since PoP came out. This server caught my attention and decided to give it a go. I now have a Bard and Rogue level 57. Having lots of fun.

Unfortunately, can't seem to run more than 2 toons. That's cool. I am hoping sometime later we will be able to 4 box for the dream team: Tank/dps/heals/utility. (War/rog/cleric/bard).

Anytips for starting off? I feel bard and rogue duo can only go so far:/